PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day for a Pair of Percs

JustinGr
04/22/2013, 01:40 PM
I gave my dad a 40B tank with a sump and 150W MH for his birthday almost 2 years ago. He wanted a pair of clowns so I gave him a bonded and spawning pair of Percs I had. He put them in the tank and added some damsels. Anyway, fast forward two years., today he wakes up to find the female the only living fish. The male was missing all of his fins, and the damsels were shredded.

Seems she went off the deep end... Just goes to show you how unpredictable the fish world is. I would have guessed the damsels were on the way out, but never her 4+ year mate.

worm5406
04/22/2013, 03:01 PM
WOW Someone must have been messing around with the wrong fish. That is strange.

tangov5559
04/22/2013, 07:58 PM
sorry to hear about this.....this hobby is unpredictable...

worm5406
04/22/2013, 09:24 PM
That is very strange. I have heard of a mated pair attack each other when around another pair before. Almost like she forgot who her mate was and was that stressed and frustrated.

Sorry abut his loss. That is strange though to be in place for that long and not have issues before.

JustinGr
04/23/2013, 06:46 AM
I know. They were trained to eat from a spoon, and my dad babied them. But, in his usual good humor, he told me that maybe the man decided that he'd had enough of her bickering and gave in!