PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin Dragonet with split tail fin?

QPWithCheeseQP
04/24/2013, 08:52 AM
I know it Is really common for people to buy these fish and not have a stable enough environment with substantial pods to care for it properly, but my tank is 75 gallons with about 90lbs live rock and I've had this guy for a few months now and he seems to be doing fine and all hes even grown quite a bit! But a few weeks after having him I noticed that he was getting random holes and splits in just his tail fin. I assumed it was happening from him rubbing against the rocks because they would go away in a matter of days but his tail fin is really badly split this time and I want to help him but I have no idea whats causing it

Tank params are all good btw

Tank mates include a foxface rabbitfish, YWG, and two ocellaris clown fish. Nothing ever bothers him during the day when im viewing the tank and at night he tucks himself in some bizarre places but I could really use some advice on if this is just a normal thing for them or if I have a problem and need to find him a better home. Also I know what finrot looks like and I dont think its that. There arent any white decaying parts of his fins just like little tears and slits.