PDA

View Full Version : Rapid LED kit for Biocube, will it heat my water?

nph
04/27/2013, 10:14 AM
I am looking at upgrading my CFL light to Rapid LED kit for two reasons, better light but foremost stop the temperature increase while the light is on with summer approaching.
Is there any risk that a LED kit will still heat the water or will that stop now that I go with LEDs?

jad1217
11/16/2013, 01:09 PM
from what i understand led's do still produce some heat but its not radiant heat like the CLF's. The heat that the led's produce goes into the heat sink and gets cooled by the internal fans. so in theory, no it shouldn't add and noticeable heat to the tank. I am install my Rapid led kit today in my 29 so ill post back with some results.

jcarman81
11/16/2013, 02:50 PM
The LED retrofits will not overheat your tank. You may get some heat, but in comparison to the return pump and any powerbeads, it will be minimal.

mixedreefjunky
11/16/2013, 03:21 PM
I just put a ReefBreeders photon32 on my tank and my tank drops in temp when the fixture is at full power. Runs cool to the touch as well, top and bottom.

jad1217
11/18/2013, 02:17 PM
Just installed my rapid led kit! it works great and runs much cooler than the power compacts. With that being said it does put off alittle heat but nothing to be concerned about.