PDA

View Full Version : pluming help

erockjg
04/27/2013, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone. Just got a 120 drilled tank with dull overflow one on each side and need some help as this is my first drilled tank.

I am overwhelmed just thinking about hooking it up and was wanting to see some pics of people sump hooked up. If you have a good read on sumps I would be gratefull.

It did come with some piping but it is all hacked up where they had glued it and probally just cut it to get it off. It did come with 2 new mega flow over flow kits. I can try and up load some pics if necessary. Thanks in advance

OnTheReef
04/27/2013, 10:02 PM
Do a forum search for "sump build" and browse the DIY forum. Here is one with a nice plumbing illustration: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2269795&highlight=sump+build

Good Luck!

reefergeorge
04/28/2013, 05:57 AM
Keep it simple and avoid straight drops. My first attempt sounded like a waterfall in my family room.

erockjg
04/28/2013, 07:20 AM
Thanks guys. I really want to avoid a waterfall sound.

Should I put a ball valve befor it goes to the sump and on the return. Hope I can get all the pluming in one trip to hd, but im sure ill have to make multiple trips their.

cap032
04/28/2013, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys. I really want to avoid a waterfall sound.

Should I put a ball valve befor it goes to the sump and on the return. Hope I can get all the pluming in one trip to hd, but im sure ill have to make multiple trips their.

Using ball valves or unions make it easier to make changes in the future, if needed.

Dozer1one
04/28/2013, 08:16 AM
I used ball valves everywhere,however I am going to be changing them to gate vales as those are easier to adjust.