PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Apex Help Needed


Spyderturbo007
04/28/2013, 04:24 PM
Can someone please help me. I'm dead in the water. I tried doing the firmware upgrade which was listed as successful. I then did the web page upgrade which was successful as well.

Then according to the directions, I tried updated the module firmware. I did the display, which I'm not sure worked or not because there wasn't a confirmation screen. Then I moved to the EB8. As soon as I did that, everything went off except for my Return pump.

It looks like both my EB8 and WXD module just disappeared but are still listed.

I can't get anything to turn back on. I really need help.

aquamanic
04/28/2013, 04:28 PM
Did you cycle the power to everything?

Spyderturbo007
04/28/2013, 04:35 PM
I just tried that. No luck.

I read in the manual to delete the modules and plug them back in again. I did that and tried up re-upload my configuration. No dice. Now everything is blank and all my configuration is gone.

Spyderturbo007
04/28/2013, 04:37 PM
I was able to re-upload my configuration. But still nothing. My return pump is the only thing running. Everything else is still off.

The EB8 has an orange light. The WXD and Probe Interface thing is green.

aquamanic
04/28/2013, 05:33 PM
Is the status still the same - EB8 with a yellow light (there is no orange)?

Spyderturbo007
04/28/2013, 05:47 PM
It was blinking yellow. I got it up and running.

I think it was a butchered firmware update on the display module. I was using the web interface the entire time so I didn't notice that the display was running very slowly. It would only show the time every 10 or 15 seconds and would take about 30 seconds between screen a changes.

I deleted all modules and turned everything off. Then plugged it back in and allowed it to come up as far as it would. Then I logged into the interface and attempted the firmware update to the modules again. It didn't seem to do anything the first time so I dit it again. It appeared to at least take longer the second time. So I did them all and then rebooted everything.

Then I uploaded my old configuration file. Everything came back on.

What a nightmare. They really should institute some type of progress bar or confirmation after a module firmware update.

Thanks for your help!

aquamanic
04/28/2013, 05:52 PM
It actually does show a text % complete but for some reason it doesn't always display.

Glad to hear you got it going.