PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used the Coralife Aqua Gloves?

cloak
04/29/2013, 03:08 PM
I was looking online, and these things look kind of bulky. Are you able to grab corals between your fingers and carefully place frags among the rocks, or are you pretty much all thumbs under water. Meaning there only meant to handle large things like rocks, pumps, skimmers, etc. Thank you.

coral_lagoon
04/29/2013, 03:38 PM
Yes they are good if you're going to use them to grab/move corals. Or you want to keep your hands + arms dry when you're wiping the algae off the glass. Don't use them to pick up liverock though because the rock will put small punctures in them..

FlyPenFly
04/29/2013, 03:39 PM
I always get water in them because I have a 20" tank...

cloak
04/29/2013, 03:54 PM
Don't use them to pick up liverock though because the rock will put small punctures in them..

Good to know. Thanks.

jscarlata
04/29/2013, 04:51 PM
I had a pair and didnt like em, very poor tactile feel when picking things up, made it very hard to pick up fragile things. When they get wet, they don't dry well on the inside at all...funky town for sure. I opted for a Long pair of good tongs instead...

cap032
04/29/2013, 05:13 PM
I had a pair and didnt like em, very poor tactile feel when picking things up, made it very hard to pick up fragile things. When they get wet, they don't dry well on the inside at all...funky town for sure. I opted for a Long pair of good tongs instead...

+1 The thickness makes handling delicate things difficult.

jerpa
04/29/2013, 05:41 PM
Yeah I don't use mine for moving frags. They are great for handling rock and larger objects though. They are pretty thick and I've had no problem with punctures.

James77
04/29/2013, 05:45 PM
Harbor Freight sells very similar ones for about $6, less with a 20% off coupon. As stated, great for handling rock and for maintenance. On the bulky side, but not unusable for handling frags. I use them whenever I even touch rock, I have had enough being stabbed by some unknown object :)

cap032
04/29/2013, 05:45 PM
Yeah I don't use mine for moving frags. They are great for handling rock and larger objects though. They are pretty thick and I've had no problem with punctures.

Same here. Good for handling liverock, no punctures.

Wills612
04/29/2013, 07:52 PM
Harbor Freight sells very similar ones for about $6, less with a 20% off coupon. As stated, great for handling rock and for maintenance. On the bulky side, but not unusable for handling frags. I use them whenever I even touch rock, I have had enough being stabbed by some unknown object :)

X2. I use latex gloves for frags

cloak
04/30/2013, 10:48 AM
Thank you everybody for the information. :)

I think I'm going to keep looking around for the time being. Thanks again.