PDA

View Full Version : Acro ID

NanoJosh
04/30/2013, 06:05 AM
Got this at a raffle this weekend and wondering what it is it's skin is green and the polyps haven't come out yet so I don't know the colt of them thanks for any help I hate not knowing http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/30/ge3u7yze.jpg

Sent from some device using some app

Frick
04/30/2013, 11:46 AM
It's an Acropora, but can't really even give a good guess to which species. It looks like it could be a tip off a A. tenius or a branch off a A. cerealis. There is a lot of possibilities at this point.

Grow it out some more and bring back some pics.

NanoJosh
04/30/2013, 03:14 PM
Yeah well that's a start thanks. I wonder are ther e these type if acros that don't have polyp extension or should look forward to that day when he finally opens up.

Sent from some device using some app

Frick
04/30/2013, 04:39 PM
Acropora species will vary in polyp extension. Some species like A. tortuosa will extend at night and not in the day and some like A. horrida will extend in the day and retract at night. And PE can also be determined by parameter, lighting and water flow. Pest will also inhibit PE, worse case scenario. If you see little tiny red dots running around then that could be the problem as well.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It has color and looks healthy so far. Let it grow and see what develops.