PDA

View Full Version : If Not Ich Then What?

FishDad2
04/30/2013, 08:02 PM
I have 4 fish in QT (heniochus butterfly, lawnmower blenny, kole tang and ocellaris clown) and the butterfly showed signs of Ich not long after entering QT back in Feb so I started treating with copper shortly after. I've maintained the copper levels throughout and for a while I thought things were moving in the right direction but the signs are back. As before (and throughout the entire period) the only fish showing any sign is the butterfly...none of the others have shown any signs. If it really were Ich and the copper ineffective surely at least one of the others would have shown signs at some point.

So, now I'm wondering if my diagnosis is incorrect and it's something other than Ich. But if not Ich, what else could it be?

Any thoughts?

EllieSuz
04/30/2013, 08:06 PM
Can you provide a picture? It's pretty difficult for us to comment without seeing the fish.

Mrscribbled
04/30/2013, 08:33 PM
I have encountered flukes that appear to look like ich. Are the white spots on the fish for either a very short time (less than a day) or more than 5 days? Lymoho is another guess but would appear cottony.

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

FishDad2
05/01/2013, 07:17 AM
I will try to get a pic but the lighting on the QT is pretty dim.

The spots are there for only a short time...not cottony.

Mrscribbled
05/01/2013, 09:23 AM
If you have not dosed prazi pro yet do so.

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

FishDad2
05/02/2013, 08:01 PM
I'm thinking the same thing...water change to get the copper out and PraziPro.