PDA

View Full Version : MP40w issues

tsiklauss
05/01/2013, 06:31 PM
I have has my mp40w disconnected since November and I am in the process if setting up a new 40b. I put the pump in today to try it out and it's flashing red and green which from research tells me its a stall error. I attempted a hard reset as explained on ecotech's website, but it won't reset. Has any one else run into this issue? When I take the wet side off the tank it spins freely, but when attached to the dry side it won't spin.
Thanks, Michael

ReachTheSky
05/01/2013, 06:42 PM
I had a similar problem with mine. Turned out some crud that was in the wetside hardened while it was out of the water and that caused it to not spin as well as it should. I soaked it in vinegar for a few hours, took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly. Worked just fine after that.

I would suggest soaking it in vinegar for a few hours, then taking it apart and cleaning it.

tsiklauss
05/01/2013, 07:15 PM
Thank you for the response. I will pick up some tomorrow and give it a shot. Keeping my fingers crossed!

sanababit
05/02/2013, 09:06 AM
Yes soak it in vinegar and take it apart and clean it, good luck

Sana

Psionicdragon
05/02/2013, 01:37 PM
Could be something stuck on the buttons. I had the issue and it was the buttons being jammed.