PDA

View Full Version : POLL - Coral Feeding (Reef Roids or Coral Frenzy)?

that Fish Guy
05/02/2013, 09:08 PM
I am trying to decide which of these two products to get to feed my Corals.

Coral Frenzy

http://www.marinedepot.com/Coral_Fre...FDDRPP-vi.html

Poly Lab Reef Roids

http://www.marinedepot.com/Polyp_Lab...FIFDDR-vi.html

Please take part in my POLL and check which one of these products you use.

Also, If you want to post why that you use one or the other please let me know.

I am trying to figure out if one is better than the other or if they are basically just the same thing.

rupatel
05/02/2013, 09:18 PM
I was think about this too

Cloudburst2000
05/03/2013, 01:36 AM
I use both. I mix them together. I already had ReefRoids and I got Coral Frenzy when my brother-in-law broke his tank down. I like the combo so I'll probably keep using it. What can it hurt?

Palting
05/03/2013, 06:56 AM
Not sure I should vote. I use Coral Frenzy, and I don't use reef roids since it's not locally available, so it's not like I have a choice. But, that also exposes one aspect of this poll. This is a popularity poll, not a which one is better poll. I suspect you'll be fine with either roids or frenzy, or even both :D.

NewbyReefer
05/03/2013, 09:40 AM
IME reefroids can cause algea problems. I've also heard from other reefers that they cause phosphate problems in there tank when used on a regular basis.

TimeConsumer
05/03/2013, 09:44 AM
No love for Reef Chili?

sporto0
05/03/2013, 09:51 AM
Feed once or twice a month maximum, most of what goes in the tank goes unsed by the corals anyways, if & when I feed, it's usually about an hour after lights out.

saf1
05/03/2013, 10:07 AM
I use neither...

Coral Heaven from IPSF.

Palting
05/03/2013, 10:41 AM
Feed once or twice a month maximum, most of what goes in the tank goes unsed by the corals anyways, if & when I feed, it's usually about an hour after lights out.

It depends on the tank, and the livestock. My SPS dominated mixed reef did fine at twice a month for the first 2 1/2 years, then I noticed my LPS and softies started to dwindle. Upped the feeding to twice a week, and they are now rebounding. I know some LPS and softie dominated tanks require almost daily coral feeding to thrive. So, observe your tank and see what nutrient levels you're corals like while still avoiding the bad results of too much nutrients.

dkeller_nc
05/03/2013, 11:19 AM
Neither. I'm suspicious of products that contain things that would make an excellent bacterial growth medium but yet don't require refrigeration.