PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Metal Halide Bulb

sslater0679
05/04/2013, 04:23 PM
I have an AquaticLife R7S HID fixture thats about 2 years old. The 150W halide bulbs that are in it are about 1 year old. If they start to go bad will they flicker or just not come on? Im trying to figure out if i have a ballast problem or if its one of my bulbs. It seems like they take turns being off. About a year ago i had the same problem and called AquaticLife and they sent me the control panel and told me to try that. It seemed like it fixed it, but now they are acting back up, and my warranty is up. Im trying to hold out until July to buy an LED set up. ~Spencer~

Craig pc
05/04/2013, 04:29 PM
Most likely bulbs. If its a ballast they will come on run for 15 or20 and go off and cool down and come back on. Or they won't come on at all

sslater0679
05/04/2013, 06:08 PM
Most likely bulbs. If its a ballast they will come on run for 15 or20 and go off and cool down and come back on. Or they won't come on at all

They are going on and off. Today it has just been one of the lights. It will come on warm up and be at full power, than flicker and go right off. It than cools off than comes back on, and does it all over again.

Craig pc
05/04/2013, 11:30 PM
Ballast is bad

sslater0679
05/05/2013, 06:40 PM
Ballast is bad

Would there be something I could look for on a bad ballast, or is it something that will just have to be replaced?