PDA

View Full Version : tunze skimmer pump

russ13
05/07/2013, 03:38 AM
I have a swc extreme 200 skimmer and I want to replace the siecce psk-2500 pump with a tunze skimmer pump.what would be the model I would want to use and would it be worth upgrading to the tunze? I was looking at the 9410.040 pump would this work well?

rvitko
05/07/2013, 08:48 AM
That is the same pump we used to use, the primary issue being it has many points of articulation that can come loose and cause a shaft to break and this same issue also led to more noise. Unfortunately, it is very hard to suggest a replacement as this pump essentially comes from Sicce as a motor and mixing chamber, companies make their own needlewheels and air intake so the performance can be anything between our 9410.040 and 9420.040. Our version was really right between them. I would see what the skimmer manufacturers rating is and take the one that is the closest match.

russ13
05/10/2013, 06:24 AM
I looked into it and did some reading, I think the pump should work great. the one I have now is a bit on the noisy side and I have read the tunze is almost silent .marinedepot is out of stock, do you know of another place I can order one?

rvitko
05/10/2013, 11:26 AM
We did just send some to marine depot, they should be restocked very soon, however you can order these pumps direct from us on Tunze.com as well since they are a spare part for the 9410 skimmer.