PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with APEX App

Hdhuntr01
05/08/2013, 10:47 AM
I installed the app on my iPhone and inside my home I pick up my APEX however it times out within a minute or so. For my Home use I have Host set to the IP Address of my APEX, Port set to 80 and Network Timeout set to 60 in the app settings for accessing my APEX from within my Home Network. Also I cannot pick up the APEX from the internet. I have an account set up with DynDns but no matter what I try I can't pick it up from outside my home network. I have Host set to reefndavid.dyndns.org, Port set to 80 and Network Timeout set to 60 in the app settings. My DynDns Host Name is (reefndavid.dyndns.org)

Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong. I should be able to go on my iPhone and enter the Host Name www.reefndavid.dyndns.org and be directed to my APEX Log On Page. But that's not happening...

Any Guru help would be greatly appreciated !!!

scuzy
05/08/2013, 11:08 AM
You need to port forwarding set for your router to forward port 80 to you apex other wise it's only hitting your router not your apex

aquamanic
05/08/2013, 11:11 AM
Also, most ISP's block inbound port 80 traffic so you'll probably need to select a different external port and as scuzy says, forward that external port to your controller's internal port 80.

Hdhuntr01
05/08/2013, 11:19 AM
Ok, you might just be talking above my limited knowledge here. I have an Apple Extreme set up as a Bridge Router and an Apple Time Capsule set up as my Wireless Router. In the settings of the Time Capsule I have Port Mapping set to All TCP/UDP Ports set to 80 and the Private IP Address set to 10.0.1.13 which is my APEX. From within my Home Network I can access my APEX with no issue on my LapTop, Main PC and iPad. What next?

cordell
05/08/2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah, the dyndns name seems to resolving to your internet IP address, and I can ping your router, but (unless your ISP is blocking port 80 inbound), the router isn't forwarding the request to your Apex because the port forwarding is setup.

That setting will be in your router, and is different for nearly every router.

Now that might not explain why you can't set your Apex app to hit the local IP address like you're trying to do right now. Can you access the Apex through a browser in your home using the same IP address? If not, then the Apex might be having some issues getting on the network. You might have to give some info on how the Apex is connected to your network.

Hdhuntr01
05/08/2013, 11:27 AM
I changed the port to 8008 on the APEX and for the Public TCP/UDP Ports. I still get the same error with the App on my iPhone. (APEX: A Server with the specified hostname could not be found)

Hdhuntr01
05/08/2013, 11:28 AM
Yeah, the dyndns name seems to resolving to your internet IP address, and I can ping your router, but (unless your ISP is blocking port 80 inbound), the router isn't forwarding the request to your Apex because the port forwarding is setup.

That setting will be in your router, and is different for nearly every router.

Now that might not explain why you can't set your Apex app to hit the local IP address like you're trying to do right now. Can you access the Apex through a browser in your home using the same IP address? If not, then the Apex might be having some issues getting on the network. You might have to give some info on how the Apex is connected to your network.

I have an Apple Extreme set up as a Bridge Router and an Apple Time Capsule set up as my Wireless Router. In the settings of the Time Capsule I have Port Mapping set to All TCP/UDP Ports set to 80 and the Private IP Address set to 10.0.1.13 which is my APEX. From within my Home Network I can access my APEX with no issue on my LapTop, Main PC and iPad. What next?

Hdhuntr01
05/08/2013, 11:38 AM
DUH, I had to remove my upper most extremity from my posterior. I have it working now. Thanks guys....