PDA

View Full Version : Ecoxotic Dimmer Connector Sucks?

reefshadow
05/09/2013, 02:07 PM
Anyone else had this problem, or did I somehow end up with something that needs to be replaced?

I have it inline after the three way splitter. Female connection is almost useless. The dimmer works well and the price was right, but I'm used to Ecoxotic's tight connection (water resistant) and sleek look. I'm not really into wrapping a crap connection with elect tape. I've spent a lot of money on this entire lighting system and I feel like all the parts should mate perfectly and look like the money I've paid.

ETA- it isn't just a matter of a connection that doesn't snap into place firmly, if I hold the female end up and dangle it, gravity separates the connector.

Waiting for replies before I contact CS.

Thanks to all!

LJLKRL
06/10/2013, 11:54 AM
I know this is an old thread, but what did you do about the connector?
I bought a 48" panorama and the connectors did not go together. I ended up trimming the outer plastic off the female end so they went together.
Works now but should not have come that way.

reefshadow
06/10/2013, 03:16 PM
LJLKRL-

I just used electrician's tape to connect them securely. I was irritated, but it wasn't worth waiting for a replacement to come (if there even is a replacement that really fits). So far I'm more than happy with my Ecoxotic lighting, just a couple very small complaints not really related to performance.