PDA

View Full Version : WP40 Apex specific wiring harness?

nightOwl
05/11/2013, 11:33 PM
Seeing how quickly ReefAngel came out with a wiring harness for there controller are there any plans to create an Apex specific version? I am trying to avoid buying one and having to cut the end off to make it work with the Apex.

slief
05/12/2013, 09:47 AM
There is a thread over at Manhatten Reefs on that subject. The easiest way was to get the Reefangle Jaebo cable which has the resistors built in to dumb down the voltage to +-5V out of the Apex. From there you splice the cable to either the Apex VDM cable or wire it to an RJ45 connector. The Apex VDM wiring is in the new Apex manual if I am not mistaken. The Thread below covers the wiring from the Reefangle Jaebo cable.

Read through this discussion for a very good overview of what is involved. It is pretty simple from my understanding. There is also a discussion in the RC Lighting & Filtration section which if you dig deep enough have information on the use of the two 1K resistors and some info on the wiring as well. An advanced search by title here at RC for "WP 40" will yield those threads.

Here is the discussion at Manhatten Reefs which should also tell you everything you want to know about the conversion.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/143186-jebao-wp-40-a.html

nightOwl
05/12/2013, 11:00 AM
There is a thread over at Manhatten Reefs on that subject. The easiest way was to get the Reefangle Jaebo cable which has the resistors built in to dumb down the voltage to +-5V out of the Apex. From there you splice the cable to either the Apex VDM cable or wire it to an RJ45 connector. The Apex VDM wiring is in the new Apex manual if I am not mistaken. The Thread below covers the wiring from the Reefangle Jaebo cable.

Read through this discussion for a very good overview of what is involved. It is pretty simple from my understanding. There is also a discussion in the RC Lighting & Filtration section which if you dig deep enough have information on the use of the two 1K resistors and some info on the wiring as well. An advanced search by title here at RC for "WP 40" will yield those threads.

Here is the discussion at Manhatten Reefs which should also tell you everything you want to know about the conversion.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/143186-jebao-wp-40-a.html

slief,
Thanks. I have been following that thread and a few others. I have been lurking on their (RA) forums as well. I was one of the people to ordered the WP40 pretty early on and gave it a try. For the price the pump is amazing. I liked so much purchased another and removed 5 Tunzes from my display, removed my MP10 from my frag tank and put my smaller Tunzes in the frag tank. I am waiting on the WP25 now. There seems to be a couple of ways to make the harness and or control the pump. The guy that got banned I think started that thread you mentioned had a method and then there is the RA harness. I was very impressed at how quickly ReefAngel made a harness and had one for sale but I am trying not to pay $50 for two of them and then have to cut them :(. I don't mind the $50 they had a solution in no time. My hat goes off to them for that. I guess I was trying to see if Apex is keeping a pulse to the market on these and what users are wanting. That way I know if I need to invest in a new controller or not :). I know of a few people that crossed over just based on how quickly RA had a solution but I am trying to give my good ole Apex a chance. I have been with them since the AC Jr days and I like the look of the components.

Oh and I have been following your thread about the Tunze profiles as well ;). I already saw a couple of things I like with your pump profiles and plan to use.

nightOwl
05/16/2013, 08:20 AM
Curt any information on WP40 wiring harness support?

astchiefy
05/18/2013, 04:39 PM
This Wavemaker is doing a great job in my 6ft tank and throws one heck of a wave. Once the time was taken to adjust the wave and it was connected to my Apex I found a immediate improvement in coral growth and fish activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfH4uy61feA

Bang for the buck