PDA

View Full Version : Stray Voltage Comline 9004

Gbear
05/14/2013, 09:58 AM
Yesterday during feeding of my quarantine tank I noticed a fairly strong sensation of pain in the tip of one of my fingers.
I've been in the hobby long enough to know it was voltage leaking.
I proceeded to unplug everything and then test them one at a time.
Several zaps later I am quite certain it is coming from my Tunze 9004 Comline skimmer which I purchased as part of the Reef Pack 250.

It has been great for this application up till now. I think it had been running for 4 of 5 months.
What support can Tunze offer me on this issue.

Thanks,
Stu

rvitko
05/14/2013, 10:41 AM
I would only be your point of contact on this issue if you bought it in the US. Otherwise you would need to contact Xenia. Assuming the cord was not cut or modified, the pump would be replaced under warranty, it would need to be sent in to myself if purchased from the US. In Canada, I am not completely up on the procedures but I would start by contacting xenia at www.xeniainc.com.

Gbear
05/15/2013, 09:48 AM
Roger, it was purchased thru Premium Aquatics so I'll need to send it directly to you I guess.
You don't want anything but the motor block right? I should keep the impeller and all the other components?
I can include a copy of the receipt and a return address with the motor.
Let me know if that is all you need.

Please supply me with a mailing address.

Thanks,
Stu

rvitko
05/15/2013, 11:53 AM
Correct, I just need the motor block.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Gbear
05/24/2013, 09:54 AM
Roger, I sent it from a US post office on Monday the 20th. I'm not certain when you will have it in hand. I'm sure you are busy given the high level of service you provide but I just wanted ask that you try to turn this around as quickly as possible as the tank currently has no skimmer. I'm doing water changes more frequently in the interm but I'm sure you understand.

Thanks,
Stu

rvitko
05/24/2013, 10:10 AM
Will do, Monday is a holiday so if it arrives today it will get back out the door on Tuesday.