PDA

View Full Version : Coralvue heater

Jae Rushe
05/15/2013, 06:51 PM
I purchased the 500w Coralvue element a few weeks ago. It was in my sump for 12 hours, and I literally had smoke wisping out of the water. The element was burning in my sump, there are holes in it. It fried a pump, and my controller. Luckily, because I was home, I didn't lose any fish or corals, but I am out $430.00 in damaged equipment. Have been trying to reach Coralvue without much luck, feels like a grand runaround. They called back once, missed the call, and gave me extension numbers that don't work. I am seriously furious with this company. After my malfunction, learned that another reefer experienced the same thing. I will never, ever purchase another Coralvue product again, and urge others to boycott as well. They are very lucky that no one was injured or killed as a result of this dangerous malfunction.

drew2007
05/15/2013, 07:54 PM
I purchased the 500w Coralvue element a few weeks ago. It was in my sump for 12 hours, and I literally had smoke wisping out of the water. The element was burning in my sump, there are holes in it. It fried a pump, and my controller. Luckily, because I was home, I didn't lose any fish or corals, but I am out $430.00 in damaged equipment. Have been trying to reach Coralvue without much luck, feels like a grand runaround. They called back once, missed the call, and gave me extension numbers that don't work. I am seriously furious with this company. After my malfunction, learned that another reefer experienced the same thing. I will never, ever purchase another Coralvue product again, and urge others to boycott as well. They are very lucky that no one was injured or killed as a result of this dangerous malfunction.

Post in coralvue forum in vendor section. Someone will help.

BigKahuna
05/17/2013, 02:43 PM
Any update on this situation? I just bought the same 500w model to replace an ancient, but still working Won Bros. titanium heater, and am a little worried about the new one frying things...