PDA

View Full Version : pH Buffers and media

_shorty_
05/16/2013, 11:09 AM
Wtb a couple pH buffer packets, 4 and 7 if anyone has extras sitting around. Also looking for extra ca reactor media and mag chips.

tommer725
05/16/2013, 04:49 PM
Wtb a couple pH buffer packets, 4 and 7 if anyone has extras sitting around. Also looking for extra ca reactor media and mag chips.

If by mag chips are wanting something to bring your magnesium up, I use Epsom Salt, It comes in big bags, and you can get it at Walmart. Use that instead, it's a lot cheaper. Might wanna try Petsmart or Ken's for the ph stuff.

_shorty_
05/16/2013, 05:25 PM
Thanks. I am looking for mag supplement that you put in with Ca reactor media. I didn't think about chain places for pH buffer, but I'll look. thanks.

rad3dad
05/16/2013, 07:24 PM
I checked on the buffer I got a couple months ago, but its 8.3. Curious to what you would use 4 for?

_shorty_
05/16/2013, 08:38 PM
Oh sorry! Poor explination. I didnt think about Alk/buffer solution when i wrote that. Im looking for buffer solution packets for calibrating a pH probe. You use 7ph, then 4ph so the controller can calibrate the readings from the probe between those two points.

_shorty_
05/17/2013, 08:31 AM
Just came across some pH calibration solutions. Thanks Mike!

Still looking for ca and mag media if anyone's torn down a reactor at some point and has some they could get rid of.