PDA

View Full Version : help with programing evergreen/RB 32" light

dave and karen
05/17/2013, 08:52 PM
Hello everyone. We really need a little bit of instruction regarding the programming of the evergreen/RB 32" programmable LED fixture with the 99 LEDs.
I have the instruction booklet...but to me its useless, I just do not understand what it is,without some instruction.

1.) What we need to know is HOW to adjust the white/ blue lights indavidually intensity,duration etc..

2.) What is the default setting..and what does it do. Does it turn the lights on automatically and off,does it vary the intensity of the lights during the day???? Do I have the ability to do this,I was under the impression we could but the info is IMO only understandable to someone whom is familiar with such.

3.) what Id like to do is adjust the white / blue intensity, have it turn on and off automatically, and change intensity throughout the day

4.) Please instruct me in child like terms...lol baby steps if you could:thumbsup: as detailed as you can so that we can understand this. Such a nice fixture ,but the provided info is basically in symbols without explanation. we cant be the only ones whom cant get their heads around this fixture..

Thanks for any help in advance!! Dave and Karen

dave and karen
05/18/2013, 02:33 AM
Anyone?? There must be dozens of members who have these :wavehand:

Should I repost this in another section? I read all million pages of the rb/evergreen thread. with no luck nor mention on the subject:sad2:

I have to get these up and running/adjusted, there too powerful in the center of the tank,washed out effect. You can see this in other peoples photos as well. I realize there bargain lights, but still $440.00 is nothing to ignore. I do see a lot of potential in them, just need to reduce the intensity and adjust the blue /white outputs.

For the past 13 years we had a array Hamilton power compacts ...Although they did the job quite well. we had nothing but constant troubles with those dammned things ballasts going out, sockets frying.burning, heating up,melting Constant bulb maintenance and constant replacement, in reality they only were lasting 1-3 months per bulb before darkening considerably, then big time heat, they get HOT! we had 4 96 watt bulbs and 2 56 watt bulbs.
Hoping to get new /improved results with these new lights. Less heat,and already were saving at least $160.00-$250.00 dollars a year on power compact bulb replacements! So far we really enjoy the new LED fixture, just need to be taught how to adjust all the parameters.

rocsec1
05/18/2013, 07:29 AM
Go to the reef Breeders topic in the vendors section. Someone there could help you no problem.
I did mine a couple weeks ago becuase I didn't like the preprogrammed choice.

dixiedog
05/18/2013, 07:39 AM
Go to "Custom". Select half hour or one hour intervals. The light comes with a custom schedule already; you just go through it and change each hour's (or half hour's) settings to whatever you want them to be. Then scroll down and save. Tedious, but dead simple once you catch on.

Takes thirty seconds or so for the light to revert to the present time's setting.

Ron Reefman
05/18/2013, 07:51 AM
dave & karen, I sent you a PM. Or are you too new to have PM's yet? PM (Personal Message)

King Nine
05/18/2013, 07:56 AM
dave & karen, I sent you a PM. Or are you too new to have PM's yet? PM (Personal Message)

I'm about to start working on programing mine. Can you copy me on that PM if it is instructional? I'm worried about getting 3 of them in sync.

rjallen
05/18/2013, 08:46 AM
Go to Reef Breeders website. Select adjustable/ programmable fixtures. Select 32" Photon. At the bottom are instructions in word format. They are written by an English speaker and better than what comes with the fixture.

Good luck

dixiedog
05/18/2013, 08:55 AM
That's awesome, I didn't know that! Unfortunately my older 2007 Microsoft Office won't open it; I'd like to read it and see what I may still not know!

King Nine
05/18/2013, 08:57 AM
Man I looked there but I didn't look on that page. I just looked on the pages for each light. Thanks!

rjallen
05/18/2013, 10:53 AM
That's awesome, I didn't know that! Unfortunately my older 2007 Microsoft Office won't open it; I'd like to read it and see what I may still not know!

My file shows it as a windows97-2003 doc. Let me know what format you may need. PM me and I'll try to find a format you can use and do a save as.

Snook65
05/18/2013, 02:03 PM

I'm surprised it wouldn't open. It's a regular .doc file. I tried to open it with Wordpad and it didn't work.

dixiedog
05/18/2013, 02:13 PM
PDF maybe? I'm technologically challenged, when I run into this kind of thing I have to ask someone else.

dixiedog
05/18/2013, 07:08 PM
Okay, my wife hooked me up, she did whatever it was that allowed me to view the file with my stone-age Office software. Didn't really learn anything though, like I said this controller is pretty stupid simple ... which is just my speed. :)