PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Fish to a new tank

Exoristos
05/18/2013, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone, I bought a new tank today (45g seamless cube) and I want to transfer my fish from my existing 36g euro-bow tank. I asked the guy at the aquarium place where I am buying my equipment and he said I can just transfer everything right into the new tank if I use most of the existing water. Anyone has any pointers or special steps that I have to take. Do I move the fish in a bucket of water while doing the transfer so I wont stress them too much or do I transfer the gravel and live lock first and then the water with the fish.

slief
05/18/2013, 04:02 PM
Hello everyone, I bought a new tank today (45g seamless cube) and I want to transfer my fish from my existing 36g euro-bow tank. I asked the guy at the aquarium place where I am buying my equipment and he said I can just transfer everything right into the new tank if I use most of the existing water. Anyone has any pointers or special steps that I have to take. Do I move the fish in a bucket of water while doing the transfer so I wont stress them too much or do I transfer the gravel and live lock first and then the water with the fish.

From a water quality standpoint you should be just fine trasferring without an acclimation if you are using the same salt water mix or supply. Temperature would be my biggest concern. I would at the very least match the temp of the new water as close as possible to the old water before you add the new water to the tank.