PDA

View Full Version : Trying to identify something on our decorator

Colts2Broncos
05/21/2013, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately, I can't get a picture since he only comes out at night and then all the corals close up... I will describe it as best I can.

It's pink. Single tube. Of course it's small being stuck to the crab, maybe 1/2 inch tall. Out the top are five small fingers, starlike, they have very mild feathering on them, nothing flashy or long, you have to LOOK to see them. I have searched and searched all kinds of sites trying to match the picture to what is on this crab and have had no luck. It's a very small, simple little thing but it fascinates me since we have nothing like this in our tank so it had to have been there when we bought him.

Any thoughts by the vague description I gave?

Fretfreak13
05/22/2013, 11:00 AM
Foraminifera? Does it move? Is it hard or soft?

Colts2Broncos
05/22/2013, 11:04 AM
It's soft. Couldn't tell you if it moves since it's on the decorator crab... I'll go look up what you posted and see if it's close.

Colts2Broncos
05/22/2013, 11:11 AM
I am finding no pictures that look anything like what this thing is. Also, I have a typo... it has 6 fingers, not 5. It looks very similar to a feather duster having the tube to hide in, yet reminds me of a polyp by the way it looks. I'm going to continue to try to get a picture of it if I possibly can. Although, that crab could pick it off and set it down anywhere at any time.