PDA

View Full Version : Access problems!

ostrow
05/22/2013, 04:45 AM
Hello I am traveling (in China) and when I try to access my apex either from the iPad app or via browser I get "a server with the specified hostname cannot be found".

Apex problem?
Dyndns-web problem?

Any help would be appreciated as need to adjust time on my topoff which is too high right now.

Thanks
Joel

lowscooby76
05/22/2013, 05:37 AM
it might be Dyndns problem. i got a email from them about a month ago that said Starting now, if you would like to maintain your free DynDNS account, you must log into your account once a month. Failure to do so will result in expiration and loss of your host name.what i had to do was log on to there page and they had took my host name off and i had to put it back in and save everything work now.

MitchReef
05/22/2013, 07:21 AM
I logged onto DynDNS and certified my account and they still cut my service...I went with No-IP.com but since I didn't really understand what I was doing the first time I've lost contact and will have to figure it all out again....maybe one of my tech-savvy friends can come over and help me figure it all out....

RussM
05/22/2013, 09:11 AM
Maybe a "Great Firewall of China" problem too.

PM me access info and I'll test. (No need to provide username & password. Just the IP/hostname and port.)

kurt_n
05/22/2013, 09:37 AM
Maybe a "Great Firewall of China" problem too.

That would be my guess too.

ostrow
05/23/2013, 02:51 AM
Seems dyndns killed my host. I have no idea how I set it up. Tried re-adding it but asks for IP address. No clue...

lowscooby76
05/23/2013, 05:50 AM
your IP address is your one you have at your home or where you use the Apex at like when your not using dyndns. if you have someone that can turn on your computer at home and Google IP address it will tell you.

RussM
05/23/2013, 02:00 PM
your IP address is your one you have at your home or where you use the Apex at like when your not using dyndns. if you have someone that can turn on your computer at home and Google IP address it will tell you.

Phrased in a much clearer way: have someone at home visit www.ipchicken.com and have that person email you the public IP address displayed.

ostrow
05/24/2013, 07:00 PM
Dead host. Now fixed. May need to ditch dyndns. Or pay. :(