PDA

View Full Version : Help Choosing Stock?

Stepho725
05/22/2013, 11:13 PM
Hey all....

I cant sleep and have been looking through all my next options for fish but seriously cannot decide!! So could you give me a hand??

Ive got a 29g Biocube with stock lighting (for now anyways). No skimmer yet but plan on getting either the AquaticLife or the Hydor SlimSkim before i add anymore livestock. Ive got a Koralia 425 & upgraded the return pump to a Cobalt MJ 1200. Also planning on adding one or two more powerheads before the livestock. Im running Purigen, ChemiPure and some PolyFil in the back.

Also should add that since the change in season Ive become a more lax reefkeeper. Just meaning that i dont have time (or the memory) to feed three times a day or test params daily. I do a 4-5g water change every 1-2 wks. And thats when i do my testing as well for the most part. Point being that i cant handle an expert fish.

Okay so! Current livestock includes: two ocellsris clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, an emerald cra-

RayL
05/23/2013, 07:43 AM
Try a firefish, one of my favourites is the Helfrichi

Stepho725
05/23/2013, 08:10 AM
Oops guess i finished posting that one in my sleep! Anyways emerald crab and cuc.

Looking for personality & color.

Stepho725
05/23/2013, 08:11 AM
Dont want to spend more than $50 on the fish

Bratyboy2
05/23/2013, 08:12 AM
What about a jaw fish?

Stepho725
05/23/2013, 08:53 AM
I like them alot but my sand is only about 1.5inches deep. About 2 in the deepest spots.

00Stoll
05/23/2013, 09:02 AM
Have you considered a tiger shrimp/goby combo? Check out this thread:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2296973

CedzAquAddictio
05/23/2013, 11:04 AM
Hey all....

I cant sleep and have been looking through all my next options for fish but seriously cannot decide!! So could you give me a hand??

Ive got a 29g Biocube with stock lighting (for now anyways). No skimmer yet but plan on getting either the AquaticLife or the Hydor SlimSkim before i add anymore livestock. Ive got a Koralia 425 & upgraded the return pump to a Cobalt MJ 1200. Also planning on adding one or two more powerheads before the livestock. Im running Purigen, ChemiPure and some PolyFil in the back.

Also should add that since the change in season Ive become a more lax reefkeeper. Just meaning that i dont have time (or the memory) to feed three times a day or test params daily. I do a 4-5g water change every 1-2 wks. And thats when i do my testing as well for the most part. Point being that i cant handle an expert fish.

Okay so! Current livestock includes: two ocellsris clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, an emerald cra-

Oops guess i finished posting that one in my sleep! Anyways emerald crab and cuc.

Looking for personality & color.

I'm sorry, but that has to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on any forum!!!

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that...

How about a tailspot blenny??? Or any small blenny for that matter...

Monkeyfish
05/23/2013, 01:52 PM
Tailspot blennie, shrimp goby, yellow-tail damsel, firefish, banggai or pj cardinal.

Dmorty217
05/23/2013, 02:39 PM
Cleaner goby, blue or yellow

insaneDynamix
05/23/2013, 03:16 PM
mmm ... Orchid dotty ... or midget chromis

Stepho725
05/23/2013, 08:56 PM
How are the dottybacks or pseudochromis in terms of personality? Theyre really pretty i was thinking maybe a Royal Gramma.

I definitely also want a blenny or goby. I will look at the tailspot since thats the first time ive heard of it.

Any other invert suggestions? Definitely need more snails and less hermit crabs...they poop like crazy!! But what about any other type of inverts?

Lastly, are there any fish i can add that will be more likely to allow my cleaner shrimp to work on them?

Monkeyfish
05/24/2013, 10:26 AM
Dottybacks are aggressive. Orchids are the exception to this rule.

namxas
05/24/2013, 10:47 AM
Waspfish, leaf fish, small-species scorps...they only need to be fed like 3x a week, and they're all peaceful fish and get along with their tankmates. They have small mouths, and generally can't swallow most tankmates.

faithenfire
05/24/2013, 11:02 AM
I found that the watchman goby has a great personality
the only one that had a better personality is the clown goby but they can be difficult to keep cause they can be picky eaters and can be super shy with other fish

I had one but he got some sort of infection