PDA

View Full Version : How long can a fish live in your overflow ?

Authentic
05/23/2013, 06:33 AM
My salon fairy wrasse keeps jumping into my overflow,its a pain getting him out,and should I cover my overflow?if he jumped I would be concerned I'd find him on top of whatever I used....thinking its bet err to let him land in the water.

anbosu
05/23/2013, 07:28 AM
I have a clownfish that has been in one of mine for months. I've tried numerous times to get him out but he is very good at hiding from me.

RayL
05/23/2013, 07:50 AM
I once had a baby clown go into my overflow and down the pipe to the sump, I found him swimming around and I got him right back into the tank just to find him back in the overflow the next day. It's very annoying to keep catching fish in the over flow. I have covered my overflow but still found a neon goby in it after being covered. Tried my best to get him out but couldn't, unfortunately I think I lost him after 3 days of being in there

gmigmi
05/23/2013, 09:08 AM
small damsel, 2 years +

ccloveraz
05/23/2013, 12:45 PM
Bangaii Cardinal for 9-12 Months. Actually ate pellets and flake when it came out!

gsiegel
05/23/2013, 01:37 PM
small damsel, 2 years +

Probably better off having the damsel in isolation.

I had the same issue with a clown and a goby and covered my overflow. They would go into the overflow and then down into the sump like with RayL's tank - I think they thought it was like a fun water slide at an amusement park.

Dmorty217
05/23/2013, 02:38 PM
The fish could live there it's lifespan or the tanks lifespan if the fish gets enough food

insaneDynamix
05/23/2013, 03:12 PM
I have a pair of O Clowns ... One jumped into the overflow ... The other observed him for a day and then followed suit ...And well just when i thought of what a pain it would be to fish em out ... the carpenter wwrasse went in next. I felt like just keeping the overflow and letting go of the tank

They were there for a week
Took me hours to net them ... I havent had anymore jumps though