PDA

View Full Version : Conductivity Probe Issue?

demariners
05/24/2013, 10:07 PM
I just got a new PM2 and Conductivity probe with a temp probe hooked up to it. I set the compensation to 2.2 and placed the calibration fluid in the tank to get the same temp. Calibrated it like so and the reading is higher then the actual saltinity according to my refeactometer and digital refeactometer. It is reading 30 ppt on both and the Neptune is reading 35 ppt. Does it take a few days to read properly like ORP? Any suggestions would be greatful. Thank you.

slief
05/25/2013, 11:29 AM
I just got a new PM2 and Conductivity probe with a temp probe hooked up to it. I set the compensation to 2.2 and placed the calibration fluid in the tank to get the same temp. Calibrated it like so and the reading is higher then the actual saltinity according to my refeactometer and digital refeactometer. It is reading 30 ppt on both and the Neptune is reading 35 ppt. Does it take a few days to read properly like ORP? Any suggestions would be greatful. Thank you.

What standard of measurement do you have your Apex set to? Conductivity, Salinity? I use salinity. 30PPT is roughly 1.022 and 35PPT is about 1.025.

So ideas for trouble shooting. Make sure your calibration solution is not expired. Try recalibrating and wait longer for the probes to settle. Maybe the probe wasn't done settling before you went to the next calibration step. Make sure you are selecting the correct values for your calibration solution.

demariners
05/25/2013, 04:33 PM
I have it set to Salinity. I am reading 1.023 on my refractometer. The apex is reading 36.1 ppt. I got brand new calibration fluid but I will try and recalibrate again.