PDA

View Full Version : SpectraPure RO-DI refillable cartridges?

Hasby@att.net
05/25/2013, 02:26 PM
have a 9 month old 5 stage SpectraPure MaxCap 90 and need a third set of DI cartridges. I have a new Membrane on order and was trying to save on the two DI cartridges. The Super DI and the Silica Buster one. Does anyone know if BRS refillable cartridges would replace these two? SpectraPure claims I let my sediment filter go too long! Although I am on my third set on a system that I make 15 gallons of water a week from.

Terry

Tennsquire
05/25/2013, 02:32 PM
have a 9 month old 5 stage SpectraPure MaxCap 90 and need a third set of DI cartridges. I have a new Membrane on order and was trying to save on the two DI cartridges. The Super DI and the Silica Buster one. Does anyone know if BRS refillable cartridges would replace these two? SpectraPure claims I let my sediment filter go too long! Although I am on my third set on a system that I make 15 gallons of water a week from.

Terry

Are the SpectraPure ones you have not refillable? I have a SpectraPure RO/DI and the DI cartridge is refillable. I buy bulk resin from BRS. I make WAY more water a week then you do, and I get about 6 months out of my sediment and carbon filters, and I replace the DI when my TDS meter shows greater than zero. We're also fortunate to have low TDS tap water to start with (~ 88ppm).

slief
05/25/2013, 02:55 PM
We're also fortunate to have low TDS tap water to start with (~ 88ppm).

DAMN!!!! 88ppm tap water?? Mine's usually in the 600's! I've seen 700 water come from the tap into my Spectrapure UHE RODI. Never thought about refilling the cartridges though. I just make sure I always have spare cartridges on hand.