PDA

View Full Version : CopperSsafe and General Cure?

rworegon
05/25/2013, 09:09 PM
I am currently treating all the fish from my reef in a 62 gal QT with CopperSafe. My Lavender Tang decided that she didn't like my Bluespot Goby and beat the crap out of him. I divided the tank with eggcrate and separated the Tang from the general population but the goby has a couple of bad gashes on its side and some torn up fins. I am afraid of secondary bacterial infection.

Is it safe to dose the tank with API General cure since it has Metronidazole and Praziquantel in it? I also have some Pimafix but thats primarily for Fungal infections.

MrTuskfish
05/26/2013, 09:11 AM
Why are you using copper on all the fish? I don't like to mix any meds with copper, but its often done. You seem to have 3 meds in play, but don't tell us why.

rworegon
05/26/2013, 10:00 AM
Why are you using copper on all the fish? I don't like to mix any meds with copper, but its often done. You seem to have 3 meds in play, but don't tell us why.

The reason all fish are in copper is that I had an outbreak of ich. My own fault. I cut short the QT on a Lavender Tang because I was having Nitrite spikes despite daily water changes. I have since solved that problem with a larger QT tank. But that is neither here nor there.

I am qting all the fish while my reef sits fallow till August.

I have found another home for the lavender but I am concerned for the goby.

rworegon
05/28/2013, 10:46 PM
Ok, so either nobody knows or nobody cares. Mr Tuskfish asks for additional information part of which was in the original post. Goby with wounds, and is never heard from again. I guess I'm not in the cool kid club.

thelostrican
05/29/2013, 07:48 AM
I don't use primafix and don't like it, I dont mix cooper with anything either, API general cure might stop your filtration, and with cooper you can't use a amquel et al...

I would finish cooper and observe the goby...

rworegon
05/29/2013, 01:51 PM
I don't use primafix and don't like it, I dont mix cooper with anything either, API general cure might stop your filtration, and with cooper you can't use a amquel et al...

I would finish cooper and observe the goby...

Thank you for your reply. The Goby seems to be recovering. I just wanted to have a fallback in case the goby started to go downhill.