PDA

View Full Version : CerMedia MarinePure Biofilter Media Last for Years

AquaSpecialNews
05/28/2013, 01:34 PM
We stumbled across Cermedia, the makers of MarinePure Biofilter Media the other day so we decided to investivate and I think we will be glad we did. The makers of MarinePure Biofilter Media have created an ultra high surface ceramic biofilter media that will reduce nitrits, ammonia and nitrates from you system for years to come without the need for replacement. MarinePure's Thin Bio-Film Technology tm promotes better bacteria growth that can be used in trickle filters, canister filters, media reactors or in areas where water can be passed through the media such as a sump compartment.

Aquarium Specialty is going to run a test on one of our reef tanks to see how well the media reduces nitrites, ammonia and nitrate. Once the test results are complete we will post the data in a new article.

Read more on our blog by clicking here (http://http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/blog/cermedia-biofilter-media/)

AquariumSpecialty
05/30/2013, 05:52 AM
A video was added to the article yesterday.

knight2255
01/06/2014, 05:09 PM
What was the result of this? The blog link doesn't seem to be up anymore.

AquariumSpecialty
01/07/2014, 06:57 AM
What was the result of this? The blog link doesn't seem to be up anymore.

I'm not sure why that link didn't work but here it is again. Thanks for letting us know. The results were/are very positive with nitrate reduction but we didn't test for ammonia. On a new clown/anemone setup nitrates remained low, fish healthy (about 26 clown fish) and the blue carpet anemone is thriving. I will try to fins some time to post a pic later today.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/blog/cermedia-biofilter-media/

ramseynb
01/21/2014, 01:35 AM
Bump. I'm thinking about buying a couple of the large bricks to put in my sump for extra bio filtration. I'm particularly wondering about how the anaerobic bacteria has done. Do you feel the bricks are worth it for that and has greater benefits than the other media?

Vlado4x4
04/27/2014, 01:22 PM
Update ?
Wondering same thing.
I was thinking about getting a couple bricks for my sump and some 1,5" balls for the overflow. Any comments ??

Vlado4x4
04/30/2014, 12:34 PM
???

mazoli
09/06/2014, 09:40 PM
Can you share any hands on experience and/or nitrate value changes using these? Thanks

AquariumSpecialty
09/09/2014, 03:44 PM
We were hoping some users of the products would jump on board and share their personal experiences but what I can tell you that most of the Cermedia items are better suited at reducing ammonia and nitrite. If you are looking for something from Cermedia that can also reduce NO3 then please look at the 8" x 8" x 4" blocks. These are thick enough that they are somewhat better at also reducing NO3.

If you are looking for something that reduces PO4 and NO3 then all-in-biopellets are what we use along with a lot of our customers. We have a thread on our sponsor forum that discusses this if you haven't already seen it.

Thank you,