PDA

View Full Version : WTB Golden Dwarf Moray

Ant512
05/29/2013, 05:29 PM
I've been looking for the past couple months at online vendors and haven't even seen one for sale. Anybody know any good resources for one?

MLZ
05/29/2013, 07:12 PM
If you live in Canada from a reputable seller; http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/F-3220/Eel+-+Dwarf+Golden.html
(considering your location I think you probably live in Texas, but maybe you can get them to ship this too you.)

Or try this one on ebay; http://www.ebay.com/itm/coral-Hawaiian-dwarf-golden-moray-eel-Live-Saltwater-Aquarium-Fish-wysiwyg-1-/200928716951?pt=Live_Fish&hash=item2ec848e897
Not too sure about the legitimacy of this seller though.

Or lastly try this one: http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Live-Saltwater-Eels-Saltwater/I/Golden-Dwarf-Moray-Eel.aspx
Seems to be the most expensive though.

Good luck getting one!

Ant512
05/29/2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks. The ones on petsolutions are never in stock. I ordered one from ebay. Pretty cheap but I'm worried about the quality. Cross my fngers he arrives healthy.

MLZ
05/29/2013, 08:20 PM
Yup np glad to help. Btw I'd be interested to see how the dwarf golden moray fares, I was thinking about buying one sometime as well.

RDtrack
05/29/2013, 11:11 PM
I know there were a few post from a few years ago about someone on eBay. Very positive not sure if this is the same individual.

I've been looking for one for awhile too, but I just found one. A LFS about an hour from me was having a big Memorial Day sale and they just happen to have one.

Funny thing is they said they had it for a few months and it would only come out to eat and then right back in its rock. They had to bag the rock up too. So I get home put it in the tank and two minutes later its out exploring the talks rock work. So much for being shy.

So far so good for mine. Love their personality and mine has confirmed it.

Ant512
05/30/2013, 11:21 AM
I purchased it from coralsoftheworld1. They arent the same one that was mentioned in the past on RC. they had good reviews though on ebay. They have 1 more still for sale as of yesterday. I'll update when I receive him next Thursday.

SlickDealPro
05/30/2013, 11:51 PM
Ive been trying to get one of these for a while now. i never seem to be in time to catch the ebay ones.

barry_keith
05/31/2013, 12:25 AM
I purchased it from coralsoftheworld1. They arent the same one that was mentioned in the past on RC. they had good reviews though on ebay. They have 1 more still for sale as of yesterday. I'll update when I receive him next Thursday.

I got two from them and some coral last Christmas. I was very happy with my order and have recommended them to people looking for gdm eels. You'll love your new fish!

Ant512
06/01/2013, 06:50 PM
I guess I was confused about when they were shipping my GDM. I received him yesterday. Luckily my finance was home when he was delivered. He appears to be in great health and even ate the first night I put him in. He's about 6" long and only has big around has a pencil. I had previously built him a home out of 2"pvc which I molded some homemade live rock around. He's way to small for it though. Hopefully he will thicken up a bit.

I would recommend the seller as of now. Also he was only $140 shipped which is about 1/2 of what I was expecting to pay.

tatuaje08
06/01/2013, 07:13 PM
Just wondering what makes these so desirable?

Ant512
06/02/2013, 01:24 PM
They are the closest thing to a reef safe eel. They typically don't bother your shrimp or fish. They stay small, only getting about 10-12 inches long. So if you want an eel in your reef then the GDM is the best option IMO.

the808state
06/02/2013, 01:36 PM
They only get a foot and width of a pencil. They WILL eat very small fish (coral gobies etc) but overall are very peaceful

barry_keith
06/02/2013, 02:56 PM
They are the closest thing to a reef safe eel. They typically don't bother your shrimp or fish. They stay small, only getting about 10-12 inches long. So if you want an eel in your reef then the GDM is the best option IMO.

+1

Mine is housed with several small fish and shrimp. I've seen my springeri dottyback and other fish actually harass the eel. Keep it feed and a tight fitting lid and you should be fine.