PDA

View Full Version : Dip?

CoralReeForrest
05/30/2013, 04:54 PM
No not chewing tobacco! I keep reading about dipping your coral before QT, I didn't really see anything however as to what these dips were called or even if they were a good call to use, I of course haven't made it that far but when I do I'd like to have everything in theory down to put into practice. So what's a brand that's used a lot, or should I not even plan on dipping my frags?

danil
05/30/2013, 05:09 PM
CoralRx, Revive and Bayer. These are proven to be effective against some threats.
Problem is that none of them 100% effective and none of them kill eggs so having QT for corals are not bad idea at least for SPS corals.

CoralReeForrest
05/30/2013, 05:50 PM
What about Softies/ Lps or zoas and shrooms?

kismetsh
05/30/2013, 06:23 PM
I use Revive.

bnumair
05/30/2013, 06:31 PM
revive.

CoralReeForrest
05/30/2013, 07:54 PM
So pretty much any coral dip with revive before QT. got it. Thanks guys!

hoooop54
05/31/2013, 06:35 PM
What exactly does the dip accomplish?

bnumair
05/31/2013, 08:13 PM
This is what coral rx has to say
Coral Rx can be used in treating many types of live corals; soft, LPS and SPS.*Coral Rx should be used in treating corals that have parasites or other bacterial infections.*Additionally, it should be used as a prophylactic treatment before bringing live coral into your aquarium.Coral Rx is effective in removing the following parasites:-*Acropora Eating Flatworms (AEFW)-*Montipora Eating Nudibranchs-*Bristleworms-*Zoanthid Eating Spiders-*Red FlatwormsAlso aids in the treatment of:-*Filamentous Hair Algae-*Rapid Tissue Necrosis (RTN)-*Slow Tissue Necrosis (STN)-*Bacterial Infections & More

Pretty much all coral dips will have similar definition.

spieszak
05/31/2013, 08:21 PM
I use rps all out. Says it kills red bugs, nudi's spiders, pods, bristleworms, flat worms, invertabrates algea and eggs.
no idea if it does, but i haven't had problems either. (Not recommended for leathers and softies). It takes a bit longer for things to open back up compared to other dips, but i haven't seen it toast anything wither, and i've done leathers for half the recommended 15 minute dip)