PDA

View Full Version : Major bug in iPhone Apex app, v2.21 - no control

scolley
06/04/2013, 11:56 AM
My iPhone Aquacontroller Apex app, v2.21, on iPhone 5, IOS 6.1.4 appears to have a major bug. None of the outlet controls (Auto/off/on) change the actual status of that outlet. My Apex is HW version 1.0, SW version 4.20_1B13.

For example, I've got an outlet on my Powerbar called "Skimmer". In the app I can see it represented with a green dot next to it - because it's on. And on the Auto/off/on slider, it's on Auto - because that's where it normally is. But I can use that slider to change it to "off", and the slider slides to off. But no matter how long I leave it there the green dot remains green - as if it's still on. And upon checking the actual skimmer, it is indeed still on. And if I use the refresh circular arrow icon, everything remains the same; an "Off" slider but a green dot. Backing out of the control page and then coming back in shows what I saw originally, as if I never turn the outlet to off.

I've tested this on multiple outlets, those on my powerbar and on my DC4. None of them work. And I can perform this same action (using a slider to change an outlet's state) on the web interface to that same Apex, using a web browser on the same iPhone, from the same location, and it works perfectly.

I cannot find any other functions of the iPhone app that do not appear to work. But not being able to actually control anything is a pretty major bug IMO.

Posting here to alert the community, and in hopes Neptune will address it. :)

aquamanic
06/04/2013, 01:11 PM
I've got the same phone running 6.1.4 and it works fine for me. Just tested to be certain. If there's a bug in there it's something more specific to your setup.

scolley
06/04/2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks. There are some differences in my setup than for many people. Running more tests now. Will get back with details.

scolley
06/04/2013, 04:42 PM
Well I'm glad - for everyone's sake - that the problem my be limited to my implementation. That's a good thing. So clearly no panic needed. Thanks for that clarification aquamniac.

I've done a lot of testing, and something peculiar is going on, but it may be with my router. But I'm NOT certain that it is an Apex iPhone app issue, so I'd like to move that discussion to another thread. Do not want to make it look like there is a bug when I'm not so certain about that anymore. So I'll start a new thread.

Mods? Can you lock this thread up please? Or delete it? Hate having a bug accusation in the title when it looks like I was probably wrong. Thanks. :)

RussM
06/05/2013, 01:12 AM
Can you edit an outlet program or profile using the app? I'm guessing you cannot.

Have you changed the Apex username and or password since setting up the app? Do you have the Open XML Access feature enabled in the Apex ( on the Network settings page)? The combination of the two can give the symptoms you describe. If so, disable open XML, attempt to change an outlet state. If you get prompted for the login info, enter it, and see if the state change actually happens. If all is well, you can then reenable Open XML.

scolley
06/05/2013, 08:19 AM
Russ - I have not changed the UID/pwd on the Apex in a long, long time. Longer than the app has been on my phone. And nope, I do not have Open XML access enabled on the Apex.

But since I asked the mod to shut this thread down, I did a LOT of testing. Will describe the problem in a new thread. It is NOT exactly as described here. I could explaing the difference, and how I figured it out. But that would just take things down an unnecessary rabbit hole. So I'll start "clean" in the new thread.

Thanks for the help!

xxjrealxx
06/10/2013, 05:49 PM
having the same problem how did you solve this

RussM
06/10/2013, 07:04 PM
having the same problem how did you solve thishttp://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2301239