PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Shrooms to Rocks

FishNutty
06/05/2013, 11:29 AM
I've got a couple of green mushrooms(the smooth variety) that are loose, and I've tried the cup attachment method for the last three weeks, but two out of three are stubbornly refusing to attach.
Is there anything else/any other methods I can try?

Hminor00
06/05/2013, 01:14 PM
I look forward to an answer to this as I have some too.

reefer999
06/05/2013, 01:26 PM
Use some mesh cloth, enclose it in a piece of rubble rock with a rubber band, then give it some time so it attaches.

FishNutty
06/05/2013, 02:00 PM
Use some mesh cloth, enclose it in a piece of rubble rock with a rubber band, then give it some time so it attaches.

Thanks!

Would cheese-cloth work? It's a very open weave fabric used in baking and I happen to have some in the house. (I also happen to be out of mesh...)

thallone
06/06/2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks!

Would cheese-cloth work? It's a very open weave fabric used in baking and I happen to have some in the house. (I also happen to be out of mesh...)

probably block too much light and make them want to move I would think.

reefer999
06/07/2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks!

Never tried it, but from looking at it, looks like it would restrict flow and block out light.

roenicknewf
06/07/2013, 11:43 AM
Won't mushrooms just attach where they want and even move about like anemones (well,they basically are anemones) ?
In the past mine always roamed about till they were happy then moved again..
I used to have a boat load ,but after a few tank transfers and upgrades they got lost or buried and didn't make it..I didn't really take the time to move them properly .
I am now attempting to get a nice population again