PDA

View Full Version : Big Announcement - CeramEco Club Thread

AquariumSpecialty
06/06/2013, 03:03 PM
Aquarium Specialty is pleased to announce that we are distributing CeramEco Vida Rock decorative rocks and frag plugs in the US to retail and wholesale customers. For more information about this product line please visit our blog. We have a few pallets arriving tomorrow and we will start shipping on Monday.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/blog/CeramEco-Vida-Rock/

We will make this our CeramEco club thread so post any questions or photos you care to share here.

Thanks,

ReefTron5000
06/20/2013, 12:37 PM
I read in another thread about Cerameco stuff leaching phosphates into the tank over time. Have you heard this complaint at all or is it just speculation or something? I'm interested in getting a medium/large Bonsai artisan piece for my new tank but I'm worried about this phosphate thing.

AquariumSpecialty
06/20/2013, 01:28 PM
There are no issues with this. Probably just someone pretending to be a scientist. We sell to a coral reef research company (.org) that has tested various ceramics and gave us the thumbs up on CeramEco rock and Aquaroche. They even test for things like chromium, cadmium and other trace and metals.

Eud
07/01/2013, 02:09 PM
I was doing searches on ceramic reef rock and came upon this post and have been prowling around the pictures on your website and elsewhere on the web of the CeramEco rock. In some of the pictures it looks like brown earthenware. In some pictures it looks white like dry reef rock. In some pictures it looks like they did some kind of purple dye on the brown earthenware.

How is the stuff you got in looking? Do you have any pictures of it in water under normal reef lighting? Maybe some with it sitting next to some more traditional live rock to show how it compares?

The price is surprisingly good for what this stuff looks and sounds like.

AquariumSpecialty
07/03/2013, 10:03 AM
I was doing searches on ceramic reef rock and came upon this post and have been prowling around the pictures on your website and elsewhere on the web of the CeramEco rock. In some of the pictures it looks like brown earthenware. In some pictures it looks white like dry reef rock. In some pictures it looks like they did some kind of purple dye on the brown earthenware.

How is the stuff you got in looking? Do you have any pictures of it in water under normal reef lighting? Maybe some with it sitting next to some more traditional live rock to show how it compares?

The price is surprisingly good for what this stuff looks and sounds like.

Yes, the prices are good on the rock. All of the new rock (what we have in stock) is coraline algae colored. I don't have any pictures to show you but maybe some of the people who have purchased the rock can post some pics. We have a CeramEco club thread so maybe we can soon see some tank shots in that thread.

liver
07/19/2013, 10:24 AM
I have used this stuff in my tank for over 2 years and I love it. Way better flow in the tank then with live rock and after a few months it gets encrusted and you can not tell it is ceramic. I also have no pests to speak of, which is a bonus as well. I had one small piece of live rock in my tank with some sponges on it to start now my Cerameco rock is covered in sponges and tube worms. I would never do another tank without using Cerameco rock again.

AquariumSpecialty
07/19/2013, 11:09 AM
I have used this stuff in my tank for over 2 years and I love it. Way better flow in the tank then with live rock and after a few months it gets encrusted and you can not tell it is ceramic. I also have no pests to speak of, which is a bonus as well. I had one small piece of live rock in my tank with some sponges on it to start now my Cerameco rock is covered in sponges and tube worms. I would never do another tank without using Cerameco rock again.

Thanks for the great feedback! Would you consider writing up a review on our website? That would be a big help. You can simply copy and paste this on one or more of the Cerameco products on our site. Here's the link...

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/ceramic-rock/cerameco/vidarock-artisan

Just click on one or more of the products and post a review.

AquariumSpecialty
07/19/2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks liver! That was quick :inlove:. We added 50 Aquarium Specialty Reward Points to your account as a thank you.

liver
07/19/2013, 01:01 PM
Do you have the barnacles in stock?

http://cerameco.com/gallery/vidarock-accessory-pieces/barnacle-accents/

AquariumSpecialty
07/19/2013, 01:05 PM
Do you have the barnacles in stock?

http://cerameco.com/gallery/vidarock-accessory-pieces/barnacle-accents/

Yes we do. I will ask Kelly to ad them to the site. Somehow I forgot to add them...:facepalm:

AquaSpecialNews
07/19/2013, 01:40 PM
Here is the link:
http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/cerameco-barnacle-3-pack

CeramEco has the 3 pack listed as 1 each: 7", 5" and 3", but in all the packs we have, the sizes are closer to 1 each: 5", 3" and 2"

Thanks!

fishnerd
07/21/2013, 05:24 PM
When will Bonsai ceremeco be back in stock?

Thanks
Bryan

AquaSpecialNews
07/22/2013, 07:45 AM
We are trying to get an updated eta for our next shipment from CeramEco. If you do not yet have an open backorder, I can put your name down in our file for when we have an accurate ship date if you would like. Just PM me the info if you would like to be put on the list.
Thanks
Kelly

fishnerd
07/29/2013, 08:27 PM
Just got my ceremeco rocks in and they look great!!

Fyi: the picture of the bonsai on your website is representative only, as one of my pieces was not that shape at all.

Bryan

AquariumSpecialty
07/30/2013, 06:52 AM
Just got my ceremeco rocks in and they look great!!

Fyi: the picture of the bonsai on your website is representative only, as one of my pieces was not that shape at all.

Bryan

Each piece is currently being made by hand. Each piece is roughly the same size but there are some variances. If they were molded then each artisan design would be identical.

fishnerd
07/30/2013, 09:15 AM
Scott,

Don't get me wrong as the pieces look great, and like that they are handmade. Just trying to save you guys some grief by having future customers know that the picture is a mere representation and variences are probable. Definitely would do Vidarocks on next setup as well.

Thanks
Bryan

AquariumSpecialty
07/30/2013, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. We will update the product descriptions to reflect that each piece is hand made and there are variances in size and shape.

fishnerd
08/26/2013, 02:43 PM
Any idea when the bonsais will be back in stock? Just got a new tank to fill :)

AquariumSpecialty
08/27/2013, 07:09 AM
We hope to have them very soon. Trying to get in touch with them for an ETA...

BigKev23
09/11/2013, 06:57 AM
We hope to have them very soon. Trying to get in touch with them for an ETA...

From what I hear, that can be difficult...

Wmich2008
11/17/2013, 03:45 PM
Any chance you know when the medium grotto pieces will be in stock?

AquaSpecialNews
11/18/2013, 12:11 PM
Unfortunately, we are still waiting for a ship date from CeramEco for our next shipment. If you would like to PM your email address to us, I can put you on the contact list for when we receive tracking on that shipment.

mr9iron
12/08/2013, 08:47 AM
I am interested in the Bonsai rock and the branch for my 60 cube. Do you have any idea when you will have these pieces in?

AquariumSpecialty
12/09/2013, 06:39 AM
I am interested in the Bonsai rock and the branch for my 60 cube. Do you have any idea when you will have these pieces in?

We placed a stock order in June and another one in July. Back in September I was told that our order would ship out in 10-14 days. After that they stopped answering the phone and responding to email. If you call them and they pick up then let them know we have been trying to get a status update from them for months. The whole situation is very odd at best.

mr9iron
12/10/2013, 04:31 PM
We placed a stock order in June and another one in July. Back in September I was told that our order would ship out in 10-14 days. After that they stopped answering the phone and responding to email. If you call them and they pick up then let them know we have been trying to get a status update from them for months. The whole situation is very odd at best.

I got an email from them today and this is what it said, "Hello, Thanks for your interest in our Cerameco products. I don't have a dealer near you at this time that has our Vida Rock. An online store, aqua-tecture.com will have the best selection online and sell at our recommended retail pricing. They display each piece so that you can evaluate size and appearance. They are also experienced in working through our custom build process if our standard pieces don't work. I have just sent a large order their way which should be showing up on their site within a few days."

AquariumSpecialty
12/11/2013, 07:11 AM
I got an email from them today and this is what it said, "Hello, Thanks for your interest in our Cerameco products. I don't have a dealer near you at this time that has our Vida Rock. An online store, aqua-tecture.com will have the best selection online and sell at our recommended retail pricing. They display each piece so that you can evaluate size and appearance. They are also experienced in working through our custom build process if our standard pieces don't work. I have just sent a large order their way which should be showing up on their site within a few days."

Vince, I'm not sure what your point is in all this but we have had orders placed with the Cerameco since June and July (2 separate orders). They stopped answering the phone sometime in Sept. (about 2 weeks before that Jeremy told me they would ship our order in two weeks). I could go into a lot more detail but i don't feel that it is appropriate in a public forum. We are trying to order from them (pay them for orders) but they have pretty much stopped all communication for some unknown reason. Before you posted yesterday I called them just to see if they would pick up the phone. Oddly enough Brett (an employee for Cerameco) answered the phone and I told him how long we had been waiting on our orders. He was totally in the dark on our situation but understanding to the point that he was even apologizing for the situation. I told him that we had left multiple voice mail messages and emails requesting status updates on our orders, none of which were ever returned. Brett asked me to email the orders directly to him so he could investigate what was going on and get back to me. It's difficult to say if he can or will get back to us as...

You made comments about aqua-tecture.com in our paid sponsor forum which I believe is a no no. Regarding that, we placed orders with Cerameco in June and July of this year that still haven't been filled. If our competitor (based in Utah where Cerameco is located) is getting product and we are not then something is amiss but we would have no idea why because Cerameco hasn't responded to any of our calls or emails since September. We want to sell their products because I have personally been using ceramic rock in all of my own aquariums for over 7 years and I really love the concept and how well it works. Actually, that is all I currently use and I haven't purchased live rock for any of tanks in over 7 years.

We started carrying ceramic 7+ years ago (Aquaroche) and it's a great product but it's awfully expensive to ship and the break even point for us is a long way out on each shipment (sometimes a year or more since we had to order so much at a time to make the ocean freight shipment worth while). Shipping ceramic rock from France is expensive (shipping, duties, taxes, exchange rate) and that is why we decided to seek out a domestic alternative. Cerameco appeared to be that solution and time will tell if I was correct or not. You have no idea the level of frustration this whole situation has caused us. I told Jeremy at Cerameco that we could give his company a tremendous boost to his Vida Rock sales because of our experience with the use of ceramics in marine aquariums and other factors that I don't care to go into. He seemed very receptive to that and other ideas I had regarding new products that he could add to his lineup.

mr9iron
12/11/2013, 08:46 AM

Umm, I had no point in this with the exception that you wanted me to let you know if I got ahold of them. That's what I did. I sent an email, received one back, and placed it here for you to see. I guess I made an assumption that since they were shipping rock to others that you would be receiving yours soon as well. I had no ill intent, and did not mean to be facetious in any manner. I just simply want some of this darn rock for my new aquarium that I am building. Well, that and a bunch of other goodies. I apologize if I offended you in some way.

Vince

AquariumSpecialty
12/11/2013, 08:59 AM
Umm, I had no point in this with the exception that you wanted me to let you know if I got ahold of them. That's what I did. I sent an email, received one back, and placed it here for you to see. I guess I made an assumption that since they were shipping rock to others that you would be receiving yours soon as well. I had no ill intent, and did not mean to be facetious in any manner. I just simply want some of this darn rock for my new aquarium that I am building. Well, that and a bunch of other goodies. I apologize if I offended you in some way.

Vince

Thanks Vince. No biggie. We are just frustrated with the whole Cerameco situation. We can't for the life of us figure out why they won't ship our orders out or communicate with us. We are trying to send money to them for gosh sakes. What more can you ask for :-). The whole situation is very odd.

RedStangGA
12/14/2013, 10:11 PM
Hope you guys hear back from them soon. I'm on your waiting list lol! Very strange behavior though.

mr9iron
12/16/2013, 07:34 AM
Thanks Vince. No biggie. We are just frustrated with the whole Cerameco situation. We can't for the life of us figure out why they won't ship our orders out or communicate with us. We are trying to send money to them for gosh sakes. What more can you ask for :-). The whole situation is very odd.

That is odd! Maybe they don't need the money. :fun2:

GT04Mustang
01/02/2014, 10:45 AM
Anyword yet on a shipment update? I would like to order some, but I keep seeing the same thing you have posted here already about the delays.

ramseynb
01/21/2014, 01:47 AM
Before you guys started carrying this I placed an order with another seller for some rock. I emailed him several times regarding what I wanted them to make me and he was very responsive but he mentioned that they weren't and we ended up canceling my order. Kudos to him for not making me wait any longer and being honest about problems with them. I just thought you might want to know. Hopefully it gets resolved, it looks like great stuff and I'd love to get some "barnacles".

ebushrow
02/23/2014, 02:49 PM

Hey guys,
I feel your pain. I used to be the only other distributor of this brand of live rock. I just recently attempted to cut ties since I have had orders since October, been given 6 shipping dates ( it will ship tomorrow), and now been hung up on 3 times and they now won't answer the phone when they see it is my phone number. I say we all just drop them as a supplier, then they might get the hint you can't lie to customers and be crappy businessmen and think we will just put up with it. :angryfire:

4bruceinc
02/25/2014, 12:38 PM
Hey guys,
I feel your pain. I used to be the only other distributor of this brand of live rock. I just recently attempted to cut ties since I have had orders since October, been given 6 shipping dates ( it will ship tomorrow), and now been hung up on 3 times and they now won't answer the phone when they see it is my phone number. I say we all just drop them as a supplier, then they might get the hint you can't lie to customers and be crappy businessmen and think we will just put up with it. :angryfire:

Interesting - as a consumer, my experience with purchasing cerameco was wonderful! There is a vast variety of shapes and I was able to choose my pieces. I can't wait to put this in my new tank because it is beautiful.

AquariumSpecialty
02/25/2014, 12:47 PM
Interesting - as a consumer, my experience with purchasing cerameco was wonderful! There is a vast variety of shapes and I was able to choose my pieces. I can't wait to put this in my new tank because it is beautiful.

Two weeks ago I was able to get Jeremy on the phone. He said he would call me back with a ship date after he spoke to his dad. I'm still waiting for the phone call. All I can say is that you got very lucky actually getting product. We have an order in with them since June 2013 and another from July of 2013 and they haven't been filled.

I'm going to keep calling them but his lack of customer service defies logic.

Pastey
02/25/2014, 12:59 PM
I'm very glad I got my custom Cerameco pieces before all this hoopla started. They really are awesome alternatives to buying LR. Sorry you folks are having issues. They're worth a wait.

liver
02/25/2014, 01:12 PM
Any chance you could go back to the French stuff, aquaroche?

Two weeks ago I was able to get Jeremy on the phone. He said he would call me back with a ship date after he spoke to his dad. I'm still waiting for the phone call. All I can say is that you got very lucky actually getting product. We have an order in with them since June 2013 and another from July of 2013 and they haven't been filled.

liver
02/25/2014, 01:15 PM

Where did you actually get it? I have been wanting to do another tank for a while now and nobody has this stuff in stock.

fishnerd
02/25/2014, 01:28 PM
I saw him at RAP a few months ago, he had plenty to sell.

Scott,

Contact aquatecture as they seem to get product from him frequently. They may be able to give you a little insight on how to get his product back in stock.

Bryan

AquariumSpecialty
02/25/2014, 01:40 PM
Any chance you could go back to the French stuff, aquaroche?

There's always that. The product is much more expensive after shipping and such. We have to buy way too much of it at a time and it would literally take about a year for us to break even on it. That's the main reason we stopped carrying it. On a positive note the people were great to deal with.

4bruceinc
02/25/2014, 02:16 PM
Where did you actually get it? I have been wanting to do another tank for a while now and nobody has this stuff in stock.

I will PM you because this is a vendor's thread. However, the answer is mentioned in these postings - before and after mine :)

Mccoolx22
02/26/2014, 11:16 PM
I ordered a custom piece from Cerameco for my 90 back in Nov, was told they could have it done in a weeks time. Wrote them a week later, nothing. wrote once a week for a few more weeks (to Mark's address) and Jeremy responded from Mark's add saying it was in the works. few weeks later I wrote again few time and nothing , finally gave up and NEVER heard back :angryfire:

very strange way to run a business! :headwally: I was looking forward to buying the piece.

for what it's worth the first time I spoke with them he did say he only used one online distributor (the other company stated here)

AquariumSpecialty
02/26/2014, 11:30 PM
I ordered a custom piece for my 90 back in Nov, was told they could have it done in a weeks time. Wrote them a week later, nothing. wrote once a week for a few more weeks (to Mark's address) and Jeremy responded from Mark's add saying it was in the works. few weeks later I wrote again few time and nothing , finally gave up and NEVER heard back :angryfire:

very strange way to run a business! :headwally: I was looking forward to buying the piece.

for what it's worth the first time I spoke with them he did say he only used one online distributor (the other company stated here)

You might want to clarify who you are referring to here. The untrained eye might think you are referring to Aquarium Specialty. Obviously we are responsive, it's 1:30 AM where we are.

Mccoolx22
02/26/2014, 11:35 PM
well I can't order any from you, they wont sell you any either!

fixed
You might want to clarify who you are referring to here. The untrained eye might think you are referring to Aquarium Specialty. Obviously we are responsive, it's 1:30 AM where we are.

Crackem
02/26/2014, 11:43 PM
If these rocks are so popular and so hard to get, why hasn't someone else made something similar to compete with them?

AquariumSpecialty
02/27/2014, 06:39 AM
If these rocks are so popular and so hard to get, why hasn't someone else made something similar to compete with them?

Because it's not easy :-).

basser1
03/03/2014, 08:52 AM
I'm glad I saw this thread as I was/am interested in getting some Cerameco pieces. I had sent an inquiry to Aquarium Specialty a while back, but did not get any replies.

Now I know why.....

avandss
03/04/2014, 07:14 AM
Hi Scott, im guessing cerameco is finished? i never got a reply to any of my emails requesting my quote?

any news on this or should i just give up?

tmantaylor18
03/06/2014, 04:31 PM
I dont think they are finished, unless I got some of the last stuff. I ordered mine through the other site listed in this thread sunday and it arrived today. Sounds like they are being shady and not selling their stuff to any other vendors now. Not sure why they aren't more upfront about it though.

4bruceinc
03/09/2014, 09:18 AM
I dont think they are finished, unless I got some of the last stuff. I ordered mine through the other site listed in this thread sunday and it arrived today. Sounds like they are being shady and not selling their stuff to any other vendors now. Not sure why they aren't more upfront about it though.

Sounds like they are being shady? There are usually three sides to a story.

tmantaylor18
03/09/2014, 05:46 PM
Sounds like they are being shady? There are usually three sides to a story.

Agreed, just basing that off what I've read in this thread. Not too worried about it either way.

AquariumSpecialty
03/10/2014, 06:57 AM
All I can say is that I spoke to Jeremy (Cerameco) about 3 weeks ago and that I asked him to call me back with a ship date after he spoke with his dad. He wouldn't give me a straight answer when I asked for a ship date...just more double talk. I asked him at least 3 times if would call me back with a ship date after he spoke with his dad. He agreed and he never called back. I called back again and left a message for him last week and the week before. Neither one of them have returned my calls. It seems evident that they are making rock and selling it through their retail website (turns out they own the business) that they own but they won't fill "distributors" orders from June and July 2013.

We have been doing nothing for them but unwillingly providing them with free advertising so they can sell ceramic rock through their retail business that they own. These are the facts.

AquaSpecialNews
03/20/2014, 09:02 AM
Guys, we just marked all the remaining CeramEco items on closeout. Since we no longer can get calls back and are still waiting on POs from last June to be filled, we've decided to pull the plug on this line. We are working with another ceramics manufacturer and hope to have an alternative for you soon! Stay tuned.

In the meantime, if you are looking for some pieces, our remaining items are now 30% off.

http://ss1.us/a/uRsQa_WF

We currently have the following left in stock:
Small Knife - 2
Medium Knife - 2
Large Knife - 1
Small Plate - 1
Medium Plate - 2
1" Frag Plugs Standard
2" Frag Plugs Standard
Square Plugs