PDA

View Full Version : clown goby doesn't eat

outssider
06/07/2013, 04:56 PM
got this guy 6 weeks ago. He was fat and healthy when I got him and he still appears fat and healthy. he always hangs out in a large tabling acropora. I have never seen him eat, he shows no interest in any type of food what-so-ever.

I can't understand why he still appears to have a nice size belly on him.

i'm running a uln reef and there are two wrasses so I don't think he's getting anything off the rocks.

kismetsh
06/07/2013, 06:43 PM
My green clown goby did not eat for several days after I got him. Nutramar Ova did the trick, he attacked it like a little shark! Now he eats everything.

Nutramar Ova must be like crack, all of my fish, inverts and corals go nuts for it.

Guygettnby
06/07/2013, 06:56 PM
Is he getting bullied at all? Have you tried live brine shrimp or soaking the food in something like selcom?

outssider
06/08/2013, 04:32 PM
no bullying, seems quite happy. I guess live brine is the next step. what I can't understand is, how come he appears fat after not eating for 6 weeks. Do clown gobbys always look fat, even if they're starving.

Subw00er
06/08/2013, 05:43 PM
He is probably eating pods..

hogfanreefer
06/08/2013, 09:09 PM
I've had a green Clown Goby for about 7 weeks and have seen him eat twice in that time. I usually see him every day but usually just before lights out. He actually appears to be growing so I'm sure he's eating something. My tank is only about 3 months old so while I have quite a few amphipods and a lot copepods in the fuge I don't think that's what he's eating. I try to target feed the area of rock I know he lives in. Must be working.

small alien
06/08/2013, 10:11 PM
There could be a number of explanations. If he's healthy I wouldn't worry about. I second that nutramar ova prawn roe is irresistible to virtually all fish. It's my go to food for all new fish and fussy feeders. I think that food has revolutionized our hobby.