PDA

View Full Version : quick video of feeding some of my mushrooms

manfx
06/11/2013, 09:57 AM
Hey guys
I shot a video feeding some mushrooms this weekend... no time lapse, they're always so responsive to food. :lol2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOa55RR5Kzw&feature=youtu.be

MondoBongo
06/11/2013, 12:11 PM
cool video!

i have similar looking shrooms, except green. they are some of my favorites to feed because of how responsive they are. my LPS all seem to take forever to eat, but those guys just snap shut right away.

love the tang photo-bombing too.

seth_cooper
06/14/2013, 06:23 PM
I'd like to see a video with no food or an inert particulate being applied in the same way. To test the null hypothesis. I still question if they are feeding or just reacting to a stimulus.

MondoBongo
06/14/2013, 06:26 PM
I'd like to see a video with no food, just blowing water in the same way. To test the null hypothesis.

I've noticed with mine that they don't always close on food. Most of the time, but sometimes they will ignore it. Maybe they're not hungry?

I'm going to do my feeding and water change tomorrow. Maybe I'll try blowing straight water at a few and see what happens.

MondoBongo
06/15/2013, 05:07 PM
They definitely did not react to just water, however when I blew mysis shrimp at them they snapped shut like a bear trap.

fishcraze_1
06/28/2013, 11:38 PM
Never tried feeding mushrooms. Ill have to try it.

BearCatFish
06/29/2013, 07:15 AM
What do you feed? I have Reef Chili that I feed to my zoas & SPS. Would that work for Rics?

MondoBongo
06/29/2013, 07:45 AM
I feed a mix of myses shrimp and coral smoothie.

Not to all my mushrooms though. Just the kind pictured in the video. My "regular" shrooms don't react this way.

BearCatFish
06/29/2013, 08:11 AM
I got you. I have Rics that I've had sitting on my sand bed. I'm planning to move them up some & start feeding them.