PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Koral_Keeper
06/12/2013, 06:05 AM
New to the forum. I started in salt almost 2 years ago with a 30 gal AIO. I'm running a Radion G1 (soon to upgraded to G2), with an MP10, stock return pumps and an eShopps hob skimmer. I have an InTank media basket and I'm running GFO and carbon through a BRS dual reactor and I'm running a JBJ ATO.

My tank contains 8 maturing SPS. By this, I mean that they are no longer frags, but are not quite colonies with the exception of 2 montis and a setosa which are definitely colonies. I also have 6 colonies of LPS, a patch of orange zoas and small ricordea florida garden. There are also 2 crocea in my tank; one is about 3 inches the other is between 2 and 3 inches. They have been there 18 months and 9 months respectively and are doing quite well.

To maintain alk and ca, I've been dosing about 5 ml of Salifert All in One once a week and 1/2 tsp. of baking soda 2 to 3 times per week. As of last week, I'm finding it impossible to keep my numbers up manually, so I ordered a 2 part Complete Package with Pumps from BRS yesterday, along with an Apex Lite. From what I've read, I should be able to use this setup to dial in my dosing fairly easily. Interestingly enough, I've not had a problem maintaining mg levels. Radion is running high growth mode at 60%.

This fall I plan on upgrading to a DSA 65 neo with a DIY stand and Ruby sump. I'll be moving all of my current equipment to the new tank and adding another Radion G2 and MP10. I'll also replace the skimmer and use the Apex for ATO.

I do weekly 5 gal water changes using Reef Crystals and RODI.

unkel j
06/12/2013, 09:28 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say welcome and please post pictures.

ctsvls2
06/12/2013, 09:42 AM
Yes. Pictures please. Sounds like you have a good handle on things.

Koral_Keeper
06/12/2013, 12:20 PM
Plan on doing some pictures this week. Believe it or not, all this time and I haven't taken any. Go figure.