PDA

View Full Version : Can Apex limit how often or long outlet runs?

duganderson
06/16/2013, 09:34 PM
i'm looking at getting an Apex Jr. I have a AutoTopOff.com ATO that turns on my ATO pump based on a float and a backup float.

If my ATO was plugged into my apex, when the apex outlet turns on according to my ATO, can I limit how long this outlet runs (for example....10 seconds or less) AND program the Apex to not turn that outlet on again for at least a certain amount of time (15 minutes or so)? In this situation, the Apex would not be the device telling the outlet when to turn on but I'm wondering if the Apex can limit how long the outlet can run or how often once the outlet turns on according to an external devicie like an AutoToppOff.com ATO.

Also, can I get the Apex Jr. to send me an e-mail alert if that outlet runs more than 10 seconds (or whatever I set it to)?

I'd be interested in setting this up in case both floats fail so I don't flood my floor.

Thanks

Mark Bianco
06/17/2013, 03:19 AM
Yes and no. It is possible to program an outlet to be programmed at any interval you like such as come on 10 seconds every hour using the OSC command. However if your tank would need more water water or more often the power to that outlet would be off. You can alwas go back and readjust the timming parameters. As far as the emailing you with this setup no that would not work. What would be more advantages would be to have the floats wired to the ApexJr via a BOB and have the Apex control the outlet totaly. Then all of what your are asking is very easily doable.