PDA

View Full Version : How addicted am I?

Mattewell
06/18/2013, 07:27 AM
So I'm setting up a new tank and I have just saltwater and liverock in it. I've got the skimmer going, lights, powerheads. I'm just waiting for my base rock to seed.

All I can do is sit and stare at the live rock for hours looking to see if there is any life. How addicted am I? Please tell me you guys have done things worse than staring at live rock for hours...

Timfish
06/18/2013, 07:38 AM
Beyond hope! :lol2:

EDJFA
06/18/2013, 08:58 AM
I did the exact same thing when I set mine up. Isn't it amazing how much life is just on the rocks? The coolest thing was spotting new stuff like the little legs of a tiny brittle star. Or noticing for the first time the little spots moving around aren't just sand blowing, but rather they're pods.

Once in a while I still find myself just looking at the rocks hoping for something new that's popped up.

Mattewell
06/18/2013, 09:23 AM
Great so I'm not the only one :fun4: The rocks are interesting with all the diffrent things that live on/in them. Sometime I even enjoy watching the turbulance in my skimmer or watching the foam head build....

crsswift70
06/18/2013, 10:18 AM
Have you pulled out the flashlight yet? After dark is when live rock really comes to life.

fishmate
06/18/2013, 10:50 AM
Definitely have to check out the rock at night to see all the critters crawling around

you are not alone

ynot65
06/18/2013, 11:01 AM
This hobby brings out my OCD and I love it!!!!!!!

Mattewell
06/18/2013, 11:41 AM
Oh yes, the flashlight has come out. I'm setting up my new tank after being out of the hobbie for a year. Its nice to see my old friends again! :D

RGCEsq
06/18/2013, 11:44 AM
I did the exact same thing. I stared at the rocks for hours. The crazy thing is my rocks were all dry so there was absolutely no life on them...It didn't stop me from staring though. =)

RGCEsq
06/18/2013, 11:45 AM
this hobby brings out my ocd and i love it!!!!!!!

+1

LJLKRL
06/18/2013, 11:49 AM
I did the exact same thing. I stared at the rocks for hours. The crazy thing is my rocks were all dry so there was absolutely no life on them...It didn't stop me from staring though. =)

This is where I am! Dry rock with no life, waiting for the cycle to finish. I watch the rocks and the shimmer from my LED's. Can't wait to have something alive in there.

devimik
06/18/2013, 12:16 PM
Oh yeah, I spend hours watching my tank at night, especially. I use a jewler's loupe to look close up at the rock and sand near the glass. I also bought a DD NanoScope to see things up close that are not near the glass. I see new things growing every day - it's amazing actually.