PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on Vortech or Tunze

C-21 USAF
06/18/2013, 08:57 AM
I've not owned either....setting up a 60-70 gallon ULNS for SPS.

Which model?...why?

jerpa
06/18/2013, 09:07 AM
That's like asking me to pick between a Porsche 911 and a BMW M5. There isn't a bad choice but the best choice will depend on you. They are very different, but equally impressive, pumps.

The tunze have a larger in tank footprint. You can control several pumps from one controller, which can save you money depending on how many you buy. They are as quiet as a pump can be. They have great directional control. They are very reliable.

The Vortechs have a smaller in tank footprint, but take up space outside the tank as well. They are louder than the tunze but whether the noise is bothersome is very subjective. I would say most setups are louder than the Vortechs. The profiles that come programmed are more complex than the tunze programs. The flow pattern is the widest on the market. They don't add heat or wires to the tank. From what I've read they do require a bit more maintenance than the tunze

Both companies offer incredible customer service.

I would go with 2 6095's or an MP40 and MP10 assuming this a 3-4ft rectangular tank.

kb3777
06/18/2013, 09:36 AM
They both are very good. I would choose the Vortech's as they are made in the good Ole USA. Also no heat in tank.