PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Gets suspended

den75
06/22/2013, 01:08 PM
Hi, I have a Genesis Renew Pro with the Storm ATO. I have the system set to do a 2 gallon water change a day. I initiate the start by pushing the yellow button. It changes one gallon, then the operation seems to get suspended, it never does the second gallon. The number light that indicates the number of gallon to be changed blinks between 2 and 1. Bin sensor lights are OK and the standby light is lit. Why isn't it completing the second gallon?

GenesisReefSys
06/22/2013, 01:16 PM
Hi den75,

The unit will divide one day by the number of gallons you have set, and then spread the exchanges evenly over the course of the day. Therefore in your case it will divide 24 hours by 2 gallons, and will exchange one gallon every 12 hours.

By flashing between 1 (long duration) and 2 (short duration), it is telling you that it has performed the first gallon of 2 total to be exchanged per day.

Have a great afternoon!
Kevin

den75
06/22/2013, 01:19 PM
I thought it would do the one gallon changes back to back until the total number of gallons is reached. That certainly explains it. Thanks for the prompt reply!

bnumair
06/22/2013, 03:54 PM
yup if u have it set to per day it will divide the gal over 24 yrs. i ran into the same thing when i set mine last yr for 3 gal change per day. it does 1gal change every 8 hrs.
if i need instant water change i goto continuous mode.
but for the money and ease its a well built and worth system. enjoy.

immokalee98
03/30/2014, 06:04 AM
I have the same system and I love it but for some reason I can't get it to change more than two gallons in the continuous mode. It suspends the changing and a couple of the indicators start blinking.

GenesisReefSys
04/02/2014, 08:29 PM
Hi immokalee98,

Which indicators blink when you try to run more than two gallons? The ones that blink will give us a clue where to look for the remedy.

I look forward to helping you resolve the issue so you can enjoy the system without that annoyance (and that would be annoying!).

Have a great evening,
Kevin

immokalee98
04/02/2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks Kevin!
On the Renew, the Fill indicator is blinking. it's in continuous mode.

On the Storm, the Rocv valve open indicator is blinking.

All the other indicators are solidly lit.

Neil

GenesisReefSys
04/03/2014, 06:39 AM
Hi Neil,

Are there any lights blinking other than the Fill indicator?

If it's only the Fill indicator blinking, I can really think of only one reason: during the Fill stage, the water level in your sump dropped to your Sump Level Sensor. When this happened, the cycle was cancelled and the Metering Reservoirs were opened to dispense the water that was in them. The water in your Replacement Water Metering Reservoir filled your sump back up so that the water level in your Sump was higher than the Sump Level Sensor (and the Sump Level indicator became solid again).

I would suggest that you try moving the Sump Level Sensor down further into your sump and then start a new water change sequence.

Let me know what you find!

Kevin