PDA

View Full Version : question about quarantine tank design

Doug864
06/22/2013, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a question about an quarantine tank design. Would this work if you have one end of a sump as a quarantine compartment that exits into filter socks and then into the return compartment to display. Would the filter socks catch any possible unwanted red bugs, flat worms, etc. or are the bugs and eggs still able to pass through the filter socks say maybe like 10-50 micron size. I would like to have one but don't have the extra room for a stand alone setup.
Thanks,
Doug

bnumair
06/22/2013, 01:57 PM
qt is a separate tank with no connection to main tank. if u just dedicate a part of ur system as qt it wont work as any pests thats imported with new additions now they are in the water columns of ur main system.

scuzy
06/22/2013, 02:01 PM
You always separate the qt no matter what you do not want Amy if the water in the qt to enter your display tank.

Doug864
06/22/2013, 03:38 PM
Yea I didn't know if the filter socks would catch all the red bugs, and flatworms, etc. before entering the display tank allowing for the qt to be integrated into the sump. This qt is for corals only if that makes any difference.
Regards,
Doug