PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Torch recession

pitmindi
06/24/2013, 08:53 PM
Hi, I've had a torch coral for about 4 years and its my favorite coral. It grew from 2 heads to at least 50. It always looked healthy and I never moved it or worried about it. In mid april we had unusually warm temps in my city and when I came home from work I noticed a dead fish. I touched the tank and the glass was warm. The water felt very warm. It was over 86 degrees, which is as high as my stick-on thermometers can measure. I did lose some corals, and others looked bad but have since recovered. My torch receded and some heads died. The rest still looks sick. The best heads extend somewhat but not nearly as much as before. Other heads still show recession and barely extend. Also, all the surviving tentacles are much thinner than before the temp rose dangerously. Any suggestions on how to heal this coral? I dose 2 part calcium. I also feed the corals either coral frenzy or mysis or other coral food about every other day. I'd love to have it recuperate. PLEASE HELP

organism
06/24/2013, 09:23 PM
Is it still slowly receding? It could be your alkalinity or salinity, but could also be an infection or leftover issues from the heat... Have you tried feeding it pellet food or some other protein-rich food with all the pumps off?

eel guy
06/24/2013, 11:27 PM
chiller ?

SOCOMMike
06/25/2013, 07:15 PM
Oh no, a boiled torch. :( I bet it was a beauty with 50 heads. Hopefully it will get back to that.