PDA

View Full Version : Returning to the hobby, want to see tank designs

napydred
06/28/2013, 07:23 AM
Hey everyone, well I got out of this hobby about 4 years ago and decided I would only start back up if and when I buy a home. The time has come and we move in about a month from now. I am already starting to plan my tank but have forgotten much that I learned. First I need to decide what kind of tank design I will need. I am hoping to house everything underneath my tank so I will most likely want a tank that is plumbed properly. My previous tank was a pretty janky set up with all of my plumbing coming out of the top of the tank and looping down around to the bottom, not very aesthetically pleasing to say the least. If anyone knows of a thread or guide to tank plumbing or a tank dealer/manufacturer that has some sweet plumbed tank designs please any info would be helpful. My primary concern here is a clean look.

Sugar Magnolia
06/28/2013, 07:27 AM
Welcome back to the hobby! If you pop in to our Reef Discussion forum you'll find plenty of tank build threads that may give you some ideas.

napydred
06/28/2013, 07:49 AM
I am seeing alot of cool tank designs, anyone know of the best tank stores in northern colorado to check out please shoot me a message!

1000rrstunna
06/28/2013, 09:39 AM
im really enjoying the look of all the new rimless stuff cubes especially i want a 90 callon bad :)

bnumair
06/28/2013, 09:44 AM
welcome back and good luck and safe reefing.

thegrun
06/28/2013, 09:52 AM
What size system are you considering?

napydred
07/07/2013, 04:37 PM
What size system are you considering?

I'm looking for 90-120, probably go with 120 since I'll be reinforcing my floor fort it anyway. To the poster before, what can you link a pic of the rimless cubes you're talking about? Thanks!