PDA

View Full Version : Carpet anenome?

SirKevinD
06/28/2013, 11:34 PM
Hi everyone! Today I picked up a green carpet anenome for me tank and my Ocelaris clown! I know I can feed him the tiny mysis shrimp but is it wise to feed the anenome frozen shrimp from walmart? Thanks in advance for your replys!

lucky_snapper
06/29/2013, 12:00 AM
You can feed the shrimp but you have to make sure that they are completely thawed. Frozen food will kill the anemone. Also pealing the shrimp would not hurt.. Most people feed them silversides or krill ..

Ms.lachelle
08/26/2014, 10:17 PM
I bought one a week ago it ate my pair clowns yesterday!! 😭

m0nkie
08/26/2014, 10:28 PM
I would avoid silverside as they are hit and miss... bad silverside = dead anemone...

thaw the shrimp and cut it into little pellets.

Titans_Reef
08/27/2014, 12:37 AM
I feed my RBTA, LTA, and my mini carpet nem silversides. I never had an issue with them eating silversides. I alternate with frozen krill also which I do not need to cut up since they are already around 1/4" but I feed about 2-3 to my LTA which is about 6" in diameter. Like lucky_snapper said, you can feed them table shrimp from walmart just make sure they are completely thawed out and also make sure they are uncooked. You can peel them if you want but just cut them up into 1/4"- 1/2" pieces depending on the size of your nem.

erock68
08/27/2014, 06:06 AM
I feed my RBTA, GBTA and Mini-Maxi all uncooked shrimp. I get a strange look, when I go to the fresh fish counter and ask for 2 shrimp :) I then put in the freezer and cut pieces as needed.

Just put some of your tank water, in a container and let it thaw.

Pife
08/27/2014, 06:40 AM
Yes you can. I feed scallops though because I don't want them to have to digest bones.