PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Buy Tangs or Wrasses from Them

Coralreefin
07/01/2013, 03:13 PM
I decided to try them out and had a disaster of dead fish... they do not warranty Tangs or Leopard Wrasse. Go to Liveaquaria with their 14 day warranty - learn from my mistake. Never order from Blue Zoo again!

BlueZooAquatics
07/01/2013, 03:27 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience but we certainly do offer guarantees on Surgeonfish. In fact, all of our animals are guaranteed to arrive alive. Most animals are guaranteed beyond live arrival as well but there are some very sensitive fish that we only guarantee for live arrival. For the most part, these items are listed as being expert only and the restriction on the guarantee is posted on each product page.

Sorry again if you were not completely satisfied with your purchase. If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Coralreefin
07/01/2013, 03:37 PM
I have a Potter's Wrasse and a Brown Tang so I am very familiar with sensitive fish... I trade emails with your customer support as I was worried about ordering from you guys - and they tell a great story but I doubt it is true now. Sure the tang arrived alive it was beat up and mouth was all jagged and messed up... pretty sad you send stuff like that out.

Liveaquaria does put a warranty on their fish including leopard wrasses - I guess they are more confident of the quality of the fish. If I sent out what you did, I would definitely not have a DAA either especially if you are rushing to ship before they die at your facility. Incredibly disappointed.

BlueZooAquatics
07/01/2013, 04:08 PM
Sir, we take the quality of our livestock extremely seriously. We crossed referenced your location with the animals you mentioned and think we figured out what the order was you were referring to. Looking at the account, you had a Gold Rim Tang and a Divided Leopard Wrasse which arrived alive but died a few days later. We are very sorry to hear that. You mentioned the tang was beat up but there is no evidence of that in the picture you sent.

We have every confidence in the world about the quality of our animals including leopard wrasses. The reason why they are not guaranteed beyond live arrival is because we cannot control the conditions they are being shipped into and they will not do well unless specific requirements are met. We do keep record of looses associated with every animal we sell, even the ones not guaranteed, and the leopard wrasses we sell still have less than 5% mortality which is outstanding.

Unlike other companies, we have complete control over the handling and packaging of our animals. Other companies may drop ship their animals from suppliers but we do not. Each and every animal that leaves our facility is looked after as if it was our own. Case in point, we just shipped off the two lightning patterned maroon clowns that sold recently on eBay. Here is what the customer had to say through his Facebook page:

"Have to give BIG kudos to Mark and the gang at Blue Zoo for one of the best packing jobs we've ever seen. Dave Zafrani and I opened a box to check before we left and just said "wow!" Also have to say Matt Pederson, these fish looked awesome in the pics but are stunning in person (and I really don't like maroons)."

So once again, we are very sorry your experience was not ideal but that is certainly not the norm. We try very hard to make sure that every animal we ship gets to its final destination in the best condition possible and will have a great chance of thriving with the right care. Even with that said, we are still dealing with living animals that do die from time to time. It is unfortunate but a part of the business and the hobby none the less.

Thank you for your time.

Calappidae
09/27/2013, 10:24 PM
Bluezoo takes their live stock very very seriously. They package them and even include acclimation accessories to make sure they arrive alive in great condition. I never got anything but instructions from liveaquaria.. and dead animals.

BlueZooAquatics
09/30/2013, 02:09 PM
Thank you for the comment. We do take our animals seriously and want more than anything else for them to thrive in their new homes.

sdmarriott1
10/01/2013, 12:38 PM
I too have had good experience with Blue Zoo. Their livestock was well packaged with heat packs and the acclimation kit was an added bonus. Sorry your experience was not up to par.

CHG107
10/02/2013, 02:59 PM
I ordered from them a while back and was very happy with them as well. Sorry you didn't have a good experience :(

Crimson
10/03/2013, 10:08 PM
Confirmed on good quality. I have a Purple Mask Angel (Venustus) from them and is in QT since 9/14. So far almost a month and angel is doing very well. My only issue is that hes a shy fish, but healthy! Been doing a prazipro and cupermine treatment and the Angel seems to be okay with it. The cupermine treatment, I take it much slower than the directions and follow a 1/2 dose on day 1, and 1/2 dose 48hrs then keep adding until levels are correct and fish appears to be stress free.

The blue neon goby however, did not make it past day two. The poor small fry went to close and was stuck on the power head intake guard (lived but not for much longer). I bought a large fat neon goby from the LFS and is in qt with angel the day after the other neon passed.

cvye
10/04/2013, 04:23 PM
Just ordered a kole tang from them, it was and is in great shape. No worries with them.

afishionado
10/06/2013, 06:05 PM
"Cannot control the environment/conditions they are shipped into" is a fitting quote, and one which I'm confident is the underlying issue here ...

In my vast, knowledgable experience, people like this, who blame solely the vendor/point of origin for their losses are the ones who don't take full responsibility for their livestock.

Therefore, they think of every excuse/cop out/blame redirect in the book to appease their own fault(s)/misinformation/lack of knowledge in the situation !

KJAhp098
10/12/2013, 12:26 PM
+1 on a great order from BlueZoo in the past with acclimation instructions and kit.

triggreef
10/12/2013, 12:43 PM
+ one on many great orders from bluezoo. I would say about 1/2 the fish on both my tanks came from them. The rest half/half from LA and R2G. I seldom buy fish from LFS just because what I get from these vendors are usually healthier than any I see at LFS.

In fact I have had several DOA's from LA and R2G but never from Bluezoo. They seem to have a bit better packaging than the others and the acclimation kit is a plus. Never received an ill looking or beat up fish from bluezoo.

I even had bloozoo cover a leopard wrasse that died overnight the first day. I still have the other that came with that one.

SantaMonica
10/18/2013, 10:04 PM
If it helps, I've ordered from BZ several time (including tangs), and everying was good. But I'm only a few miles away, so obviously it was a quick overnight delivery.

camaroboy8691
10/31/2013, 09:36 PM
the only thing that sucks about BZ , is there in cali and im in PA :( the few orders i have had where top notch ! they will be getting alot of business in the future when i stcok my 550g

tonyda1st
10/31/2013, 10:02 PM
Oh no. I just purchased a wrasse from them

Grayson84
11/11/2013, 01:51 PM
Do not listen to anyone that bashes BZ there fish are great everything that i have ever got from them has been amazing! I am also in PA fish arrive in perfect shape well packed with heat pack and accliamtion packet. No worries from BZ

drukkosz
11/13/2013, 01:25 PM
BZ is a great store. I have ordered from them many times and all the fish are beautiful and healthy.

Calappidae
11/16/2013, 10:17 AM
Do not listen to anyone that bashes BZ there fish are great everything that i have ever got from them has been amazing! I am also in PA fish arrive in perfect shape well packed with heat pack and accliamtion packet. No worries from BZ

+1 on being in PA and having several healthy arrivals :)

wii64brawl
11/16/2013, 10:23 AM
Only DOA I ever had in three orders was a sexy shrimp. I had a flame scallop die overnight and they gave me credit even though he wasn't guaranteed past arrival. Also had a sun coral die after a few days, which they also credited right away. Great customer service, and you can't beat the free shipping over 140$.

owenspackman
11/25/2013, 08:31 PM
My Moorish Idol came from BlueZoo. Happy, healthy, beautiful fish. Couldn't have asked for a better transaction.

Denver_Keeper
11/25/2013, 08:39 PM
I have not used Blue Zoo, but I have heard good things from local reefers. I am not defending them or saying the OP was right or wrong.

Now the OP states the fish arrived "beat up." If that is the case then I assume there should be a pic showing just how bad a condition the fish was in on arrival, but even that would not prove that the fish left BZs facility in that condition.

Sorry you had a bad experience, and I am very sorry that the fish did not make it. However, one story with nothing but hearsay would not change mu opinion of using them in the future.

traddon
11/27/2013, 04:38 AM
I'm sorry but i have to have sympathy for Coralreefin. i think my first online order for livestock was with bluezoo. i was very VERY nervous about buying marine animals online. when they came they were extremely well packed but they were beyond on the small size. i didnt order any wysiwyg so i guess i couldnt complain. its been sometime so i cant remember many details i just remembered i was extremely disappointed. not saying they are a bad company or writing you shouldnt buy such and such from them. but i do feel your pain 'alittle' atleast. pun intended

NYCEnglish
11/28/2013, 11:52 AM
I too bought a Divided Leopard Wrasse from Blue Zoo. Unfortunately, she recently died - but just to be clear - I had her for almost 5 years, so no complaints from me about Blue Zoo! Their packaging is always excellent.

Meanstreet5150
12/04/2013, 05:03 PM
Agreed great place

Reefer54
12/04/2013, 05:09 PM
my inverts from the Blue were larger than i ordered, and there were even a few extras here and there....and the shrimp, coral, and other little inverts are still growing and thriving. Packaging was outstanding and customer service has been prompt, direct, and very ept.

You're my boy Blue!

And for those of you ordering fish online as opposed to in a store, you are only going online for one of two reasons: no LFS at all anywhere near you (like me), or you are saving money.... So if your almighty pocket book is more important than seeing a fish before you buy it, then you need to be ready to care for a stressed and very sensitive animal, and you should always expect a fish to arrived very stressed because if you dont, it will be.

tannersmith2000
12/17/2013, 07:45 PM
I really like BlueZoo. I have had excellent experiences with them. They are an excellent reseller of livestock. I have been disappointed with the Collectors Choice as of late but I am hoping they will get some more attractive SPS and Fish in that WYSIWYG category soon.

slapshot
12/17/2013, 08:08 PM
I really like BlueZoo. I have had excellent experiences with them. They are an excellent reseller of livestock. I have been disappointed with the Collectors Choice as of late but I am hoping they will get some more attractive SPS and Fish in that WYSIWYG category soon.

Tough this time of year as most countries/shippers have filled their CITIES allotments so lots of junk until January 1 when new allotments estr.

PanicATTACK187
12/18/2013, 10:46 PM
You have to understand that fish that are shipped like this are under extreme stress so you can't blame BZ. I've had success with inverts and shrimp but ordering fish is a different story. Specially wrasses and tangs. There's certain species that don't "ship " well. There hasn't been a comment from you on how you acclimated them. Wrasses sometimes have to be acclimated with the lights off. Did you know that? Explain before you bash.

LSKreefer
01/03/2014, 08:14 PM
I just want to say I order once from Blue Zoo in and I was really happy with their order and I order 3 tangs and my son order several wrasse and a coral beauty that was out of this world. I just placed another order yesterday which I will get next Wednesday, I spoke with a representative yesterday at great lengths about how I should start stalking my 220 and the representative was very informative. I have order LA before and got nice fish, however some of the order which my son and I go in together were DOA. LA did refund. So I feel it doesn't matter which is better you can have DOA from any souce. Truthfully I'm very happy with BZ

SeedlessOne
01/19/2014, 10:14 AM
I made an order with BZ and was beyond disappointed. Several DOAs and one yellow yang that looked like absolute garbage. Never again would I order anything for them.

auburnreefer110
01/19/2014, 01:21 PM
Look at my thread I hear ya.

BlueZooAquatics
01/20/2014, 10:27 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience. We do try our best to make things right in all situations even if problems arrise that are not our fault like with shipping delays. If you haven't contacted our customer service department already, please do so by emailing [email protected]

Take care.

mpierce
01/20/2014, 12:03 PM
I also have had pretty good experiences. However I did order a McCosker's wrasse and recieved a yellow fin instead. I didn't realize until months later however haha.

LSKreefer
01/21/2014, 08:40 AM
Well I received my last order from BZ and I must say I'm really disappointed in this last shipment. In my previous post I felt they did me good the last time I order, however I order from them again, and this order I had several dead fish, and a goby/pistol shrimp pair which the goby was smaller then the shrimp. BZ did credit my money, however I went to place another order to use the credit as they don't refund the money like Live aquarium does, I order over the shipping limit of $140 ($159), so before I applied the credit I was able to get free shipping, however when I applied the credit they then made me paid for shipping so in turn I did not really received a credit. I wrote to customer service and they replied that I'm responsible for the shipping cost no matter what, which is find if I was ordering under the amount of free shipping cost that they provide. Both orders the original one that I received the credit from and the one I was trying to get my credit back where over the limit. So I guess my advise would to stay away as many of other poster have posted here stated. I will for now on order through Live Aquarium at least they give a refund if a fish is DOA and you won't feel like your getting scam.

SeedlessOne
01/21/2014, 07:33 PM
Well I received my last order from BZ and I must say I'm really disappointed in this last shipment. In my previous post I felt they did me good the last time I order, however I order from them again, and this order I had several dead fish, and a goby/pistol shrimp pair which the goby was smaller then the shrimp. BZ did credit my money, however I went to place another order to use the credit as they don't refund the money like Live aquarium does, I order over the shipping limit of $140 ($159), so before I applied the credit I was able to get free shipping, however when I applied the credit they then made me paid for shipping so in turn I did not really received a credit. I wrote to customer service and they replied that I'm responsible for the shipping cost no matter what, which is find if I was ordering under the amount of free shipping cost that they provide. Both orders the original one that I received the credit from and the one I was trying to get my credit back where over the limit. So I guess my advise would to stay away as many of other poster have posted here stated. I will for now on order through Live Aquarium at least they give a refund if a fish is DOA and you won't feel like your getting scam.

The exact same feeling I had when ordered from them. Like I got screwed on the entire deal. Pretty sure I still have a credit on file that I'll never use.

fishinforfacts
03/29/2014, 01:07 AM
First off, I completely agree with you that Blue Zoo is not worth buying from. I have spent over 1000$ at their store and I have chosen to stop all business with them completely. My first two orders went well, no deaths mainly lps corals. My next order from them was mainly WYSIWUG corals which were completely photo shopped pictures. They looked nothing like the pictures and yes I have 20k lighting also. A metallic rose bubble that was a plain old rose bubble just upcharged 60$. Well for some reason I decided to order from them again This time I had one death from a 100$ livestock item which I was given store credit for, meaning I had to buy from them again. I also had gotten a few more WYSIWYG corals that still to this day do not compare to their advertised photos. Using my livestock credit I did my final order from them. One of the items I purchased was a medium Blue tang which was extremely sick with 2 parasites. Personally I have seen healthier blue tangs at my local petco. This fish immediately went to the floor and stayed there for a month. After successfully treating this fish for ich and dealing with dead end customer support trying to find any reason to hang up the phone and blame the customer, I worked my *** off doing daily water changes, using 100 gallons of salt mix, and got the fish back swimming and eating. Only to find out that now It was clear that this fish also had an internal parasite which did not allow any nutrition to reach the fish. This fish was so skinny after another 3 months of treatment he looked like a piece of paper and swam backwards. Bluezoo did not honor any return or credit for the fish because it lived past 7 days in a hospital tank. Instead I was insulted on the phone by one of there customer support member Chris and was pretty much ignored. This guy was so rude, digging to try and blame this on me. He would talk out of his *** about these fish and try to get you to buy more **** from them by the end of the call. I was completely disgusted by the condition of this poor blue tang. This fish was not possibly healthy before delivery nor was he swimming or treated for disease at their store. He was probably scooped off the floor of the tank given a fresh water dip and mailed out to me. I will never buy anything from blue zoo again after this. Oh and on 4 orders of corals over 200$ every colony of "free" zoanthids was DOA dead on arrival. And free corals have no warranty with blue zoo.

Now I have taken my business to live aquaria. Which has excellent customer service. They not only give you 14-30 days guarantee but they will give you for money back. That's bold. If you are confident in what you sell, this is the way to prove it. I have done multiple orders with liveaquaria and every one has been excellent. The shipping was much more in depth. All corals were floated upside down on foam to avoid touching the plastic sides of the bags. Lets be honest if you get a sick fish or a dieing coral its going to live over 7 days and blue zoo knows it. I had a acropora with live aquaria that was stressed from winter shipping. I called the customer service, they did not try to blame me for the coral they accepted responsibility and extended the warranty an additional week to observe the coral. When it appeared that the coral was not going to survive they refunded the money to my bank account with no questions asked, no pointing fingers at my tank which runs zeovit by the way and is in excellent health. I was impressed. The WYSIWUG corals look exactly like the pictures and are still doing great. I have done more orders with them since, my most recent order had an African yellow-bellied blue tang which is still in my QT tank and is completely healthy, eating, and disease free! Yes a blue tang with no problems. This fish is from the wild and is located off the coast of Africa and was handled properly to insure that it was not sick before delivery. All of my sps corals have come with disease inspection certificates that they are 100% disease free from their cultured section. I hope that if you are looking at bluezoos cheap 140$ free shipping and potential freebies they send you that you will reconsider. Liveaquaria is worth the extra to get disease free 100% money back guarantee on your livestock.

As far as blue zoo goes, you may have had some decent orders from them in the past like I originally did, but when they get you with a sour order it really makes you feel cheated.

Boboli
03/29/2014, 01:16 AM
Live Aquaria is top notch no need to look elswhere.
Sorry for your loss.

Aaaron
03/29/2014, 01:40 PM
Had the same problems. Liveaquaria for the win. Extremecorals as well

BlueZooAquatics
03/31/2014, 12:20 PM
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate all constructive critism, both positive and negative. We do try very hard and strive for every customer to have a good experience with our company. We are sorry yours was less than ideal.

Here are a few recent emails we have received from customers. We feel that if a customer has a bad experience, then they are inclined to talk about it a lot. But if they have a great experience, which we feel most of our customers do, then they typically don't say anything at all. We have lots of customers though that are so happy with our services they feel like letting us know.

"I am extremely happy with this purchase! The nautilus does not have any of the typical reported problems I've read about (he can dive without issue, has a voracious appetite - started eating mud crabs out of my hand immediately after opening the package)." Ricky

"I did get the order and have to say that everything looks great and healthy!!
You did a great job on selecting and packing!" Rainald

"I recently received an order.(honeycomb eel and chocolate starfish). First, I loved how quickly my order shipped out and the communication was great. Then, I was glad to find that my order was traveling fedex. No better company for on time, safe delivery. As I opened my outer box I was very impressed with the great packing job, the water was still plenty warm! The acclimation kit and guide were a VERY helpful extra. The fish were just as described and very healthy. They had no problem acclimating when I followed the step by step guide. Thank you blue zoo! It,s nice to know there is a company that goes above and beyond, both for the safety of the livestock and satisfaction of the customer. Great job all the way around. " Joe

"I have absolutely nothing but amazing things to say about everyone at Blue Zoo. I just picked my coral cat shark up from the FedEx hold location near my house and she is doing great. I now have my dream fish Iíve wanted for a long time. Thanks to the in-stock alert I received, I was able to order the coral cat shark Iíve been obsessing over. I put my shipping address as my home, which is in Omaha, Nebraska. I received a call that day from Greg due to a concern when he looked up the weather for my area, which has been quiet cold. He looked up the closest FedEx holding facility and stated it would be best if the shark was shipped there and held till I could pick it up so that it wouldnít have to endure a cold delivery on the truck. I spoke with Greg a couple more times after that and he was a great help. I even spoke with the curator over a couple questions I had to better help the acclimation of the shark into the setup I had. Everyone I had contact with was very professional and all the help I could ever ask for. The packaging she arrived in was great and the entire acclimation kit that was including was perfect. I plan on getting a second coral cat shark soon and I wonít get it from anywhere else but Blue Zoo. Iíve named her Keto for the Greek sea goddess and she is doing well in her holding tank till she gets to move into the big tank. Feel free to use this testimonial in anything you like. Thank you once again and Iíll be in contact soon I imagine to obtain a second shark." Kevin

slapshot
03/31/2014, 02:21 PM
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate all constructive critism, both positive and negative. We do try very hard and strive for every customer to have a good experience with our company. We are sorry yours was less than ideal.

Here are a few recent emails we have received from customers. We feel that if a customer has a bad experience, then they are inclined to talk about it a lot. But if they have a great experience, which we feel most of our customers do, then they typically don't say anything at all. We have lots of customers though that are so happy with our services they feel like letting us know.

"I am extremely happy with this purchase! The nautilus does not have any of the typical reported problems I've read about (he can dive without issue, has a voracious appetite - started eating mud crabs out of my hand immediately after opening the package)." Rick

"I did get the order and have to say that everything looks great and healthy!!
You did a great job on selecting and packing!" Rainald

"I recently received an order.(honeycomb eel and chocolate starfish). First, I loved how quickly my order shipped out and the communication was great. Then, I was glad to find that my order was traveling fedex. No better company for on time, safe delivery. As I opened my outer box I was very impressed with the great packing job, the water was still plenty warm! The acclimation kit and guide were a VERY helpful extra. The fish were just as described and very healthy. They had no problem acclimating when I followed the step by step guide. Thank you blue zoo! It,s nice to know there is a company that goes above and beyond, both for the safety of the livestock and satisfaction of the customer. Great job all the way around. " Joe

"I have absolutely nothing but amazing things to say about everyone at Blue Zoo. I just picked my coral cat shark up from the FedEx hold location near my house and she is doing great. I now have my dream fish Iíve wanted for a long time. Thanks to the in-stock alert I received, I was able to order the coral cat shark Iíve been obsessing over. I put my shipping address as my home, which is in Omaha, Nebraska. I received a call that day from Greg due to a concern when he looked up the weather for my area, which has been quiet cold. He looked up the closest FedEx holding facility and stated it would be best if the shark was shipped there and held till I could pick it up so that it wouldnít have to endure a cold delivery on the truck. I spoke with Greg a couple more times after that and he was a great help. I even spoke with the curator over a couple questions I had to better help the acclimation of the shark into the setup I had. Everyone I had contact with was very professional and all the help I could ever ask for. The packaging she arrived in was great and the entire acclimation kit that was including was perfect. I plan on getting a second coral cat shark soon and I wonít get it from anywhere else but Blue Zoo. Iíve named her Keto for the Greek sea goddess and she is doing well in her holding tank till she gets to move into the big tank. Feel free to use this testimonial in anything you like. Thank you once again and Iíll be in contact soon I imagine to obtain a second shark." Kevin

You are exactly right and I am one of those that read this and did not want to get involved in a, well you know. I am sorry for that as a small business owner I always tell my people that there is no such thing as a complaint. It is an opportunity to improve ourselves. I also know stuff happens even with the best systems. I appreciate your attitude here. It is good to hear when things go right though so.....I have bought from you. I will say that my experience was a great one. The animals were packaged beyond perfect and the acclimation kit was much appreciated. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Reef is Life
04/03/2014, 09:34 AM
It's also very important to consider the "quality" of the poster/customer, in instances such as this and really in general on reef aquaria boards.

Slapshot is one of the best around and many here would be wise to take a single word of his over a essay from many others around here ...

As we all know well, it's often times the fault of the uninformed/uneducated/misinformed end user rather than the company/manufacturer ... Especially with delicate fish/corals and high end complicated equipment !

M.phenax
04/05/2014, 07:04 PM
I received sick fish from them. I emailed them and let them know. I got a credit for the one that died the day after arrival. I followed up with an email to tell them six out of seven died despite quarantine and medication. No response from them. I will not buy from them again.

shifty51008
04/05/2014, 07:20 PM
I just received my 1st order from them and was very happy with quality of livestock I got from them, it wasn't a huge order by any means as I was just trying them out and they had the fish I wanted, but everything came in very healthy and active and the coral opened up right away.

BlueZooAquatics
04/07/2014, 02:07 PM
I received sick fish from them. I emailed them and let them know. I got a credit for the one that died the day after arrival. I followed up with an email to tell them six out of seven died despite quarantine and medication. No response from them. I will not buy from them again.

Thanks for letting us know. Are you positive that the emails went through? We respond to every single email that comes in and usually within hours of being received. When people claim that they did not get a response from us at all, it usually means we never received the email. Most people who don't get a response from us pick up the phone and call as well. If you haven't done that already, then try it. Our phone number is 888-479-2583. We are available Mon-Fri from 9AM PST to 6PM PST.

Take care.

M.phenax
04/08/2014, 08:45 PM
I will call you. Thank you for your response.

mv123
04/15/2014, 04:14 PM
I had a terrible experience with them as well. Bought a copperband which came COVERED in ich. I could not believe that anyone would sell such a fish. No one would ever buy a fish like this from a lfs. Also a flame angel that died in a day. Thank goodness I have and use a quarantine tank.

After 2 emails including pictures of the poor dead fish, and a 20 minute phone call they eventually refunded my money. But I feel so bad for the fish that they send out. Please do not support them until they clean up their act.

Aaaron
04/17/2014, 03:57 PM
+ 1 on the post above

fishnerd
04/19/2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Are you positive that the emails went through? We respond to every single email that comes in and usually within hours of being received. When people claim that they did not get a response from us at all, it usually means we never received the email. Most people who don't get a response from us pick up the phone and call as well. If you haven't done that already, then try it. Our phone number is 888-479-2583. We are available Mon-Fri from 9AM PST to 6PM PST.

Take care.

Sent an email about my latest order 3 days ago. Still no response. I am positive it went thru, because I sent another one just in case. I work during your phone hours, hoping email would suffice. I guess I have to make sure I can call within your business hours.

Bryan

wii64brawl
04/24/2014, 08:12 PM
Just remembered another good experience I had with them. Second order I placed, they forgot the sun coral and the flame scallop died overnight (not sure why, looked great upon arrival). Anyways, I emailed them about the sun coral the day I received the order and the flame scallop the next day. Without question, they sent me the sun coral and a new flame scallop free of charge and covered shipping as well. A+ in my book.

SeedlessOne
04/28/2014, 12:53 PM
Does this look healthy? I had nothing but a terrible experience with BZ. Not to mention their "warranty" is sub par. Received fish that where DOA and I was expected to cough up more money for for shipping a new fish. No thanks. I still have a credit on file that Ill never use.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2203672

Aaaron
04/28/2014, 08:11 PM
Because they suck.

zeebies
04/28/2014, 09:35 PM
Not a fan of BlueZoo. Tried to work with them but they make too many mistakes and offer too many excuses. Communication is poor, bordering on rude. Only passing on my experience - wish it were more positive.

tonymission
04/28/2014, 10:20 PM
I bought two beautiful swallowtail and some softies from them. Everything packed perfect and bigger than I expected. FedEx guy was an hour late and had to push back a meeting, but my experience was better than I expected for my first online livestock purchase. This was a couple months ago.

BlueZooAquatics
05/01/2014, 02:59 PM
Sent an email about my latest order 3 days ago. Still no response. I am positive it went thru, because I sent another one just in case. I work during your phone hours, hoping email would suffice. I guess I have to make sure I can call within your business hours.

Bryan

Hi Bryan. Were you able to get your issues resolved? We do answer all emails within 24 business hours but usually much faster than that. Let us know

BlueZooAquatics
05/01/2014, 03:03 PM
Because they suck.

Just curious. How do we "suck"?

fishnerd
05/01/2014, 03:58 PM
Hi Bryan. Were you able to get your issues resolved? We do answer all emails within 24 business hours but usually much faster than that. Let us know

I was abled to get my issue resolved, I had to call in during one of my days off. I did finally receive an email response 8 days later.

On a side note, I have had nothing but satisfactory orders with them. Meaning what I ordered, came in. I have had some animals past within their warranty period and was given credit, as in this instance.

Thanks
Bryan

BlueZooAquatics
05/01/2014, 04:08 PM
I was abled to get my issue resolved, I had to call in during one of my days off. I did finally receive an email response 8 days later.

On a side note, I have had nothing but satisfactory orders with them. Meaning what I ordered, came in. I have had some animals past within their warranty period and was given credit, as in this instance.

Thanks
Bryan

Thanks for letting know Bryan. Glad we could help. :)

SeedlessOne
05/03/2014, 08:41 PM
Just curious. How do we "suck"?

Not my words but since you asked.

Read this thread. Issues have been pointed out.

Pdxile
05/04/2014, 11:45 PM
I have been fairly happy with Bluezoo, and have received nice stuff. However, on my first order there was supposed to be two different types of zoas, but they sent me 2 frags of the same one, which they readily admitted. But instead of sending my the right one to correct their mistake they only issued me credit. Well, no big deal it was only $18, but it was not a doa or daa situation, it was their mistake. I wish they had made it right even though it was a low-cost item.
Last order I got 2 fish that died within a few days. What happens to a small dead fish in a large reef? Yep, the CUC gets it pretty darn quickly. I contacted bluezoo and got a rather curt response that "they were unable to subsidize my livestock losses". I guess they realized this was rude and to their credit issued me credit for the dead fish.
Fast forward to last week when I tried to use my credit, and they would not apply it to the minimum purchase amount for free shipping. I do understand that shipping is a hard cost. However, I believe a credit should be good off all aspects of the transaction. Bluezoo made full profit off my first order. They would have made less profit off the replacement order (the $60 credit plus $80 of full priced items) yet they still would have profited, both on this order and on my future orders.
I will order $200 of livestock this week to use my credit; my choices are to write off the $60 or order $200 to get it. But I will get a free zoanthid... The irony is it is the same zooanthid that they did not ship because of their error.
Bluezoo items come well- packaged. If you don't have a problem, the customer service is stellar. They do have room to improve, though.

dolfandds
06/02/2014, 09:19 PM
I have ordered at lease 20 times in the last few years. If I have had a DOA a credit was issued immediately. Their customer service is second to none.I have been called a few times that a specific fish or invertebrate was not healthy enough to ship. Like every business there are positive and negative transactions but I have yet to have a negative experience with them.

Alchemic
06/11/2014, 10:45 PM
I've always had good luck with them in the past. No company is perfect but BZ is by far one of better ones.

mafia
06/22/2014, 07:15 PM
Seeing most people here prefer LiveAquaria but one time I ordered $775 from DiverDen on zoanthids and 90% of them dont look like their advertised pictures. The colony were so small and photoshopped so much the sand on the background have more colors than the corals LOL. Half of the colonies have Zoanthid-Eating Nudibranchs on them. The supposed Blue Hornet zoas i got from them was some African Blue Steels that melted in a few weeks. So I always feel cheated and never want to do business with them again.

Despite many negative reviews here on BlueZoo, some just sound like competitors lol. I will go ahead and give them a try. The prices seem very good and they have many fishes in stock. $140+ for free shipping is better than most places! I placed order on some Triggers(clown,blueline) and Wrasses(red coris, twin spots) and will keep you guys updated with pictures when they arrived.

mafia
06/24/2014, 11:54 AM
Recieved my order 3 hours ago. Packing was neat and a nice fish acclimating kit with some fish food sample and instructions. Fish looks healthy in my tank. I added some pictures below.

bnumair
06/26/2014, 02:09 AM
i have purchased multiple times from BZ over last few years and i have nothing but satisfaction. sorry for OP to have a bad experience.

Dave & Monica
07/09/2014, 12:26 PM
I too did an order and had a real positive experience (4/2014). Everything was as advertised and most of the fish lived more than 2 weeks. I know shipping fish isn't easy, so I always expect some losses. They were quick and responsive from preorder to after order follow through. I would definitely order from BZA again. I've never had a problem with LiveAquria either for what it's worth.

phillrodrigo
07/15/2014, 07:09 PM
I've felt with blue zoo many of times. For some reason I feel like I'm the only one that understands why they don't let you use a credit towards shipping. Has anyone ever tried to ship anything overnight it's crazy expensive. So you order 140 worth but they are paying around $40 of that for shipping. They are only getting 100 of the 140 you spent. Of course live aquaria can there free shipping is almost double. Every fish that I have gotten from them were all very healthy probably the best looking fish I have seen come in a box over night ed in a airplane kicked around by fed ex. How do you think you would look being shipped over night across the country. The one gripe I can understand is the guys fish who died and the cuc got to it before he could. That does suck. I have a group order going in this week. I sent them a email Monday and received a email back in about 1 hour

clownman33
07/17/2014, 03:20 PM
bluezoo is a great place to order IMO I've always had a great experience

dustinkimpel
07/24/2014, 02:54 PM
I've never had a problem ordering fish from bluezoo. Always arrived happy and healthy with a free accla kit. Corals however are a different story, I have yet to find a online coral dealer that I was satisfied with. Short answer Fish = Yes they are great, Coral = Stick to the LFS

Guss
07/24/2014, 06:33 PM
Recently placed an order with BZ. Lion fish and then enough filler fish for the reef tank to get free shipping. Everything came well packed healthy and happy.All the fish are doing great have been here for two weeks, no sign of any issues in QT tank. I would order from them again and we are in Pa. so quite a ways to ship. Far better than reefs2go hands down!

dustinkimpel
07/24/2014, 06:36 PM
I had 2 terrible experiences with reefs2go >.<

ca1ore
07/25/2014, 11:07 PM
Does anyone happen to know at what salinity they ship fish? Obviously I could call and ask, but it's the weekend.

indyjaco
07/26/2014, 04:02 PM
1.019 usually

bnumair
07/26/2014, 10:17 PM
1.018 to 1.019 is what I tested every time.

ca1ore
07/27/2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks chaps. Never ordered from them before and been eyeing a venustus.

Guss
08/01/2014, 08:50 PM
Just hit a month in QT with our blue zoo order. Everything healthy the whole time no dead or sick fish out of 10 . All survived and healthy.

ssc
08/18/2014, 12:08 AM
I used Reef Advantage Calcium three times for a week and it
Go me back on track thanks for all the help and would recommend to any one

lemec
08/21/2014, 09:15 AM
I bought a venustus from them a year ago, ate really well and did great...It ended up having some sort of weird parasite that ate out his gills after about 4 months...I always assume it came from my tank, not theirs at that point. I did have a few things arrive DOA, but tBZ was easy to deal with about it. Just like any mail order, its always hit or miss...They just don't seem to have the sme photography skills other sites have, lol.

DaisyDog
08/30/2014, 10:30 AM
I have had a issue with them and WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN, customer service gave me the run around! Was hung up on by customer service. When I called back they would not let me tell them the issue. Very unprofessional!!!!! I have several orders from them and not one has ended positive. If you wish to see the last fish they sent me. I have pictures it. It was not good. I was told be we couldn't have sent you a fish like that, we have done this for 10 years. The real funny one was we couldn't have sent you a fish like that, we have several satisfied customers.