PDA

View Full Version : Mini Maxi, Rock Anenome, Mini Carpet

krzyphsygy
07/04/2013, 02:03 PM
Is there a difference between these anenome's! I am confused. I bought 4 mini carpets and some look different. I am not referring to color, but the tentacles.

xrayjeeper83
07/04/2013, 02:59 PM
Mini max and mini carpets are the same I believe, rock flowers are different. Carpets usually have tentacles all over where as rocks are usually only at the outer edge

bradleym
07/05/2013, 12:53 AM
Xrayjeeper83 is close, but mini carpets max out at 2-3 inches while maxi mini carpets get up to 6 inches and come in more colors.

krzyphsygy
07/05/2013, 06:46 AM
So here is a pic of my confusion...lol. I thought I was buying Mini Carpet Anenome but ended up with 4 Rock Anemone. These things are really cool. But they seem very dangerous to live stock.
Very sticky and sting pretty bad. When placing in my tank they literally stuck to my hand. The stinging was def felt by me. My frogspawn stings and you can feel it, this was actually hurting alittle bit. I got some awesome colors though. This is right after placement.

ReeferBill
07/05/2013, 06:49 AM
Those are some awesome rock anenomies!

xrayjeeper83
07/05/2013, 06:52 AM
Those are rock nems. Some very pretty ones at that.

I love my rock nems, mine don't mess with anything. I have 7 in my tank. They are very sticky but I'm yet to feel any sting from one, and they will lock onto your hand if possible.

Ive been told they will host anenome crabs and such but I have never tried due to my fish

krzyphsygy
07/05/2013, 06:54 AM
Thanks, their def cool. Very colorful. The front one is green center with red and white border. The third one back is about 4 inches across when its open and is white with a green mouth.

Anyone have these types of anemones? Should I be worried about my fish?

xrayjeeper83
07/05/2013, 06:57 AM
If you have very small fish possibly. But my biggest one, about 6 inch's across, won't eat silversides unless I debone and deskin it first lol.

Something the size of a firefish could become a meal

krzyphsygy
07/05/2013, 07:09 AM
I hope my fish stay clear of these guys....they would probably stick to it if they brushed up against it.
How often do you feed them?

xrayjeeper83
07/05/2013, 07:23 AM
Feed mine about once a week and they are growing like weeds.

krzyphsygy
07/05/2013, 12:31 PM
One just went missing . I searched for an hr and can't find it? Could it have buried itself in the sand?

xrayjeeper83
07/05/2013, 01:38 PM
Yes they can bury themselves, they also will walk to a better area if they don't like where you put em. If it was on a rock they can squeeze into some really tight places and almost disappear

velvetelvis
07/06/2013, 07:59 PM
I have six of these little anemones and love them. They've been a lot easier to keep than clownfish-hosting anemones. In spite of their trade name, my "rock" anemones all stay on the substrate--although they will sometimes attach to a rock nearby--and will often pull themselves completely under it at night. They did a good bit of wandering at first, but have all settled down now. They also seem to wander less if kept near each other, IME.

I've never had any problems with them harming any other livestock. Either my molly miller blenny is smart enough to avoid them, or they don't have a very powerful sting. I've also seen one of my serpent stars brush right up against one without any apparent ill effects. I'd be a little more worried about very tiny fishes like tiger gobies, though.

krzyphsygy
07/06/2013, 08:13 PM
Oh, they have a powerful sting. I was in a little pain...lol