PDA

View Full Version : Fish Streets New Dosing Pumps

mannydouhnut
07/04/2013, 02:49 PM
Fish Street just started selling their new dosing pump system. The FS-01 Dosing Pump looks a lot like the Bubble Magus Bm-T01 Dosing Pump at half the price. According to the folks down at Fish Street I am the first one to purchase this pump which isn't surprising at all considering it came out yesterday. The FS-01 has a built in timer and three controllable pumps here is some more info:

Feature

FS Brand for 3 Channel Dosing Pump
Each Channel Provides 1 to 4999ml per day
Each Channel can programmable 24 timer per day
External to FS-N2 Dosing Pump for Total 6 Dosing Channel
Idea for Dosing CA* / MG / AB Water or other liquid
Installatin

Calibration for the Pump

We strongly recommend customer to Calibrate Pump firstly before Use. Its can provides more accuracy for you using different type of the liquid. Idea for CA, MG dosing, since this item will make the tube faster tense.

1) First Manual Dosing FULL of your air tube before Cal

2) Using the Cal Bottom cylinder, Enter to the Main Menu

3) Use Left / Right Button to select Pump Calibration and Enter

4) Use Left / Right Button to Selection which pump need to Cal

5) Make sure for your Air Tube is FULL and Now to Press Down on the value

6) Hold the Up Button and let the measurement for 10ml and release the Up Button to complete Cal

7) Change to Cal another Pump and Press ESC to complete the Cal

Specification

110V to 240V Voltage 50/60Hz

Size : 22 x 14 x 6cm

Free Tube / Check Valve/ Cal Bottom Include

I'll keep you guys posted on the pump and I will post an unboxing and demo video when it arrives.

shifty51008
07/04/2013, 03:00 PM
it is just a renamed marine color dosing pump, they have been out for a few years already

shifty51008
07/04/2013, 03:03 PM
OK well here are the first couple of pictures.

The package was packed great!!!! The box what double wraped in foam and then all tapped up with the yellow tape.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/jmowbray/Marine%20Color/0407121305.jpg

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/jmowbray/Marine%20Color/0407121306.jpg

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/jmowbray/Marine%20Color/0407121306a.jpg

Inside the box everything was neatly packed and also packed in foam chunks and strips.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/jmowbray/Marine%20Color/0407121306b.jpg

Despite the well don packaging pump number 3 managed to come loose. I don't think they could have done anything to prevent this and it was only tacked on in a couple spots with glue. Not a problem I put a nice flood of supper glue and pushed the head back on the the main unit facing.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/jmowbray/Marine%20Color/0407121307.jpg

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/jmowbray/Marine%20Color/0407121308.jpg

Overall I really like the look of the pump. I had a little issue with getting all the pumps set up as the order in which they have the buttons to me is weird (Up,left,right,down). I kept hitting the left button thinking it was down.

I had a problem setting the calibration of the pumps. I'm not sure what's going on with that. I would cal. for 10ml and programmed a pump to pump once at 10ml. It would always overshoot but like 5 ml. I'm going to play around a little more tomorrow. Right now I just have the actual dosed amount dialed back to compensate for it.

Currently the dosser is hooked up to my FW planted tank and it scheduled tomorrow to dose fertilizers. We shall see how that goes.

That's all I have right now I will upload a few more pics. of it under the stand tomorrow.

mannydouhnut
07/04/2013, 03:12 PM
How much did the Marine Colors sell for?

mannydouhnut
07/04/2013, 03:15 PM
Oh it looks like they sold for the same price too. Hmm wonder why fishstreet released them under a different name?

unit15
07/04/2013, 03:44 PM
This machine right here just drops your supplements in for you? I haven't looked at the price yet but it must not be that expensive because andbody can drop a drop into thier tank in a matter of seconds....

Unless it serves other purposes then I want it hahaha

mannydouhnut
07/04/2013, 05:09 PM
Well that is true but some people want a machine do it in a more precise way for them so they don't have to remember to do it everyday all you have do is pour your supplements into a container once or twice a week your more plus and when you think about it every piece of equipment as far as reactors, top offs, and skimmers go all they really do is make this hobby a little easier and more enjoyable.

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

shifty51008
07/04/2013, 05:55 PM
This machine right here just drops your supplements in for you? I haven't looked at the price yet but it must not be that expensive because andbody can drop a drop into thier tank in a matter of seconds....

Unless it serves other purposes then I want it hahaha

yes, alot of people do drop in their 2 part suppliments in by hand everyday and that is fine. but as stated this just automates the process, you can set them up to dose in small increments throughout the day so it keeps parameters more stable though instead of just a boost in the morning.

shifty51008
07/04/2013, 05:57 PM
Oh it looks like they sold for the same price too. Hmm wonder why fishstreet released them under a different name?

alot of chineese companys will make one product and just rename them to what ever the coustomer wants. you can even go to the company that makes the wp25, and wp40's and have them change the name from jebao to what ever you want.

unit15
07/04/2013, 10:01 PM
Ur saying you have to dose your tanks with something everyday? What substance is this and how do u know your not overdosing? Test it everyday ( I want one I just want to know what to dose lol)

shifty51008
07/04/2013, 11:30 PM
depending on what and how many corals you have the tank can use up alot of alk and cal. each day, which is what these pumps are mostly used for.

no you don't have to test each day, but when first starting to dose you will want to test fairly often till you get the dosing ammounts stable.

jimlin
07/05/2013, 02:41 AM
Fish Street just started selling their new dosing pump system. The FS-01 Dosing Pump looks a lot like the Bubble Magus Bm-T01 Dosing Pump at half the price. According to the folks down at Fish Street I am the first one to purchase this pump which isn't surprising at all considering it came out yesterday. The FS-01 has a built in timer and three controllable pumps here is some more info:

Feature

FS Brand for 3 Channel Dosing Pump
Each Channel Provides 1 to 4999ml per day
Each Channel can programmable 24 timer per day
External to FS-N2 Dosing Pump for Total 6 Dosing Channel
Idea for Dosing CA* / MG / AB Water or other liquid
Installatin

Calibration for the Pump

We strongly recommend customer to Calibrate Pump firstly before Use. Its can provides more accuracy for you using different type of the liquid. Idea for CA, MG dosing, since this item will make the tube faster tense.

1) First Manual Dosing FULL of your air tube before Cal

2) Using the Cal Bottom cylinder, Enter to the Main Menu

3) Use Left / Right Button to select Pump Calibration and Enter

4) Use Left / Right Button to Selection which pump need to Cal

5) Make sure for your Air Tube is FULL and Now to Press Down on the value

6) Hold the Up Button and let the measurement for 10ml and release the Up Button to complete Cal

7) Change to Cal another Pump and Press ESC to complete the Cal

Specification

110V to 240V Voltage 50/60Hz

Size : 22 x 14 x 6cm

Free Tube / Check Valve/ Cal Bottom Include

I'll keep you guys posted on the pump and I will post an unboxing and demo video when it arrives.

how is the accuracy of this?
im thinking of getting one down the line and this one caught my eyes due to the price tag.

Ron Reefman
07/05/2013, 05:20 AM
Yup, like so many Chinese made products, the price looks pretty attractive. But are they like EverGrow, building a very good product and standing behind it with good customer service. Or are they like some others who build an OK product and won't even acknowledge your emails, let alone help you?

I hope you give us a through review now and later.:thumbsup:

syedjilani
12/31/2013, 05:48 AM
How is the performance of this Dosing Pump. Onyone?

Terrance
03/02/2014, 06:14 PM
I would also like to know if anyone has experience with these pump.

I have no sump and don't want ATO sensor hanging on my tank rim. I will use it to add top off water and Alk.

edit: it looks just like this one http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bubble-magus-dosing-pump.html

dadummy
03/02/2014, 08:38 PM
fish street stands behind the products they sell, had an issue with a WP-40 and they took care of it.

Ratpack
03/08/2014, 08:18 AM
Bumping this back up to see if anyone has a review and possible unpacking photos.

dowdalld
04/26/2014, 07:02 AM
Bumping this back up to see if anyone has a review and possible unpacking photos.

Here's a review, no unpacking photos but can get pics of me breaking it into a thousand little pieces and firing it in the bin :sad2:

I bought it to replace a baby fish that I have had for two years with no problems. The main reason was that I could calibrate the pumps. I ran it for a week on plain water to test it out and went OK.

Two weeks in the third pump dosed about double what it was supposed to. I recalibrated it. Less than a week later the first pump stuck ON and dumped all my bicarb solution into the tank.

I sent a fairly curt email and Eric said he'd send out a new board. That's not worth a crap if a) your tank is wiped out or b) it's no better than the first.

I also note that a non-positive review I made on their site between the two incidents has not been put up!!

It's my own fault. I SWORE I would never again buy anything from them that needed a plug after a ATO EXPLODED in my sump.

ReachTheSky
04/26/2014, 07:57 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :(

Personally, I would never get a cheap dosing pump. I understand the appeal of cheaper products like pumps and powerheads that are easy to repair/replace but a dosing pump? Nope! A dysfunctional one can annihilate a tank in a matter of hours so I wouldn't trust any brand or company without a very high reputation.

a.browning
04/26/2014, 08:47 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. :(

Personally, I would never get a cheap dosing pump. I understand the appeal of cheaper products like pumps and powerheads that are easy to repair/replace but a dosing pump? Nope! A dysfunctional one can annihilate a tank in a matter of hours so I wouldn't trust any brand or company without a very high reputation.

Exactly. Overdosing alk is a quick way to wipe out your tank, especially if it's sps. I'm all about the Jebo WP series pumps and other cheap equipment but I don't think a cheap dosing unit is a good way to go. But that's just my opinion of course.