PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on these treatments .??

Jetersyanks
07/06/2013, 05:35 PM
Herbtana and Artemiss there all natural has anyone ever used them ..?? and if so how did it work out ..?

MrTuskfish
07/07/2013, 09:32 AM
The way the question is worded; you may find someone who thought these products worked. Copper is all natural too.

Paul B
07/07/2013, 09:53 AM
As is anthrax, napalm, cyanide and turpentine.

Mrscribbled
07/07/2013, 09:57 AM
:spin2:

MrTuskfish
07/07/2013, 10:38 AM
As is anthrax, napalm, cyanide and turpentine.

Alcohol too; but , like copper, it does wonders at the right level. For me anyhow!

HumbleFish
07/07/2013, 11:20 AM
Herbtana and Artemiss there all natural has anyone ever used them ..?? and if so how did it work out ..?

I have no first-hand experience with Herbtana, but lots of guys down at the LFS use it in their Ich infested tanks. From what they tell me, it seems to be an effective Ich management tool. But it will never eradicate any diseases from your tank. It's not designed too - it's meant to be used indefinitely to help boost a fish's immune system. Knowing this makes the LFS owner very happy! :)

MrTuskfish
07/07/2013, 12:12 PM
Herbtana doesn't even claim to ELIMINATE parasites; just reduce their numbers. As long as any of the protozoan parasites are in a system, the fish are vulnerable. Any stressor can lower a fish's immune response and the ich become prevelant.

I wish I could give you a 1st hand opinion, but I've never used the stuff. However, in the considerable time I've spent in the disease forum, I've never heard of it successfully doing anything. These products come and go; if one did work well, news would be all over the place. It isn't. There is simply no way to eliminate any protozoan parasites (ich, velvet, brook, et al. ) in a reef tank.