PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a 93 gallon rimless

timdam
07/08/2013, 05:58 AM
Ok, here's the problem. My friend just bought a Marineland 93 gallon rimless tank. After setting it up, he noticed alot of tiny bubbles in the seams of the tank. The bubbles start from the top of one seam, and go down about 4 inches. Is this tank a down deal? Sounds too risky to take a chance of leaving it be. What should he do?

Now, most likely, the warranty is voided. Since he used a custom stand and even drilled an extra hole on the bottom.

Upon talking to a few people, they told him this tank is done. Not worth the risk. And resealing it wouldn't be worth it.

Do you think it can be eurobraced though? still too risky? As a side note, the tank's glass is only 1/4". I just think that's too thin for a 93 gallon rimless.

r-balljunkie
07/08/2013, 06:11 AM
marineland has a pretty good track record. i wouldnt be worried too much

timdam
07/08/2013, 06:12 AM
Are you saying you wouldn't worry about the bubbles in the seams? I mean, these bubbles aren't there until we put water in the tank. Sounds like it's a goner.

bcfd144
07/08/2013, 11:26 AM
bubbles were prob caused because when you filled the tank, the glass now has pressure on the seems and its showing the imperfections in the seal.
I personally wouldn't use it. I would still call Marineland. Take pics first so you can email them to them. More than likely they will warranty it if its a new tank.
Since he drilled it, yes, warranty is prob void. But who says that part needs to come up in the conversation. If its a new tank and you just go it, its only fair. Drilling the tank didn't cause the bubbles. Marineland is not going to want the tank back. Its of no use to them. Sell it to a reptile person.
It might be fine but I wouldn't chance it. Not with the amount of money you spend on fish and corals. Just not worth the risk.

timdam
07/08/2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks.