PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish breeding

CS
07/10/2013, 03:19 PM
I had my first batch of percs hatch the other day. Took me completly by surprise as the two clowns have living together in the same display tank for over 5 years. So a couple Saturdays ago they laid the eggs and just the other night they hatched. I was able to get about 20 or so out of the main tank and into a 5 gallon. I have rotifers on the way to feed.

I need more info... I have been reading threads like crazy but am interested in proper tank set up for fry. pump, light, feeding fry and Rotifers. Basically want to know everything to do this right along with the different phases of Fry development.

Any books anyone can recommend or best practices you have all experienced. Your info would be greatly appreciated. I am not in this for the money, just for the excitement of raising healthy fish that I can give away to others in the hobby.

Thanks in advance
Chris

colortrilogy
07/10/2013, 03:24 PM
Congrats!

shifty51008
07/10/2013, 10:14 PM
Joyce wilkersons book called clownfish is a great book to learn how to breed clowns

CS
07/11/2013, 08:42 AM
Thanks I will pick that up. No deaths so far. Got them Rotifers. Trying to absorb more info.

bues0022
07/11/2013, 09:52 AM
From what I've seen, that book is not quite so simple to "pick up" as it is out of print and copies can be tough to find at times. Additionally, Joyce's book is 15 years old now - a lot has been learned in that time.My recommendation is to cruise this forum, and other breeding forum (MBI, MOFIB) to get data.

Good luck.

CS
07/11/2013, 10:18 AM
thanks